Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

things that help me relax/self care

Hello Everyone just thought Id make a list of things that help me with self care maybe you have other ideas and routines that help you to self soothe, mind, body and soul thanks LostAngel                                                                         

8 REPLIES 8

Re: things that help me relax/self care

lighting a Fragrant Candle, Going for walks in Nature, taking time to rest, hot chocolate, teas and coffees, healthy foods, mindfulness and meditation apps, long drives while listening to music, Watching a Fave series on Netflix ect, Snuggling up in a soft Blanket, talking to Respect Line, Journaling as needed, switching off the phone and just being, playing games on my phone, watching TED Talks, Clothes Shopping Online, Phone Call, messaging or visiting family, Patting pets, getting a treat from the drive through. Ice Cream or takeaway meal as a comfort food , changing my hairstyle, cleaning or washing my car.,hot showers fave smelling toiletries, adult colouring books

These are great @LostAngel! I liked reading the list to remind myself of anything. I think I like the soft blanket one a lot! I can relate to heaps of them too.

Today I put some relaxing music on through meditation app. & just sat & crocheted. It was so nice, I really got into "the zone" - something I wish I could do more often.

Tea & coffee is so underrated! I always forget how calming & simple a warm drink is. Favourite tv shows are great & clean sheets help for good night's sleep. Pets are wonderful too.

Thanks for sharing- great positive tips & needed reminders.

awe your welcome @maddison 

@LostAngel these are so good!!! Thank you ❤ 

Hi @LostAngel ! I agree with @maddison - what fantastic ideas! I'm going to take some on board!

Hugs, tyme

thank you @tyme  your welcome @Christheart @maddison ❤️

Thanks so much for sharing these @LostAngel , what an amazing collection of ideas! Do you have any favourite TED talks? 

@maddison  I couldn't agree more about the clean sheets- there's something about getting into a freshly made bed with clean sheets and a hot cup of tea that feels so nurturing and lovely! 

One of my favourite things for self care is getting outside and discovering new walks (bonus points if it's near the ocean, but any walk is a good walk for me), or making a cup of proper leaf tea and sitting outside looking at the trees

Oh yes, that is a great one @GrevilleaBlooms watching trees.

The wind & trees communicating. A gentle dance. The movement can be calming.

I like trying new teas. I especially love turmeric & honey at the moment - I'm not sure if it's an actual tea, or if I've been swindled & been buying powder in a tea bag!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance