Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

TheSystem
Casual Contributor

Need advice - Living with others in my head

So, things have come apart recently. The balance I seemed to have kinda broke. I have come to strongly suspect Im experiencing OSDD if not DID. The alters have been coming forward, and some even taking control. Its making me second guess a lot of things where I only have the vaguest memory or no memory. I have an appointment in January to talk to someone about this, but I guess I was wondering if anyone had advice on how I can work along with the others. I have to be mindful that my partner is also having a hard time dealing especially when its not me in control of the body. I guess Im really just feeling lost --host (ill tag with who is writing, no names tho)

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Need advice - Living with others in my head

Thank you for sharing @TheSystem and welcome to the forum community.

Hi @TheSystem I have DID and honestly working cooperatively is hard especially when some alters rebel against the idea of working together. A fair few of my alters have diaries/journals it helps keep up with needs. I have a mix of littles, middles, and bigs. It is crowded in my head and sometimes I have problems with too much head noise often leading to migraines. It's taken a lot of time to create a system that works even though I've had alters since early teens. There are still a few problem alters and on top of having alters I have problems with voices in my head so it becomes hard to tell the difference between alters and voices. Sorry I rambled but hope I helped somewhat.

@Former-Member 

thanks for that. I've had chatter in my head for years. Maybe the past 10 it's mostly been muted but getting louder lately till they kinda broke through. I've set everyone who has fronted up with a journal and only 1 has used it. I dunno I would like to work with them particularly to make it easier for my partner. -host

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance