Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

Just checking in.

I thought I'd start a discussion where we can check in with members and use this space to keep in contact. It's a space to be able to say how you really feel and it's a space for the good, the bad and the ugly moments in our lives. 

6,523 REPLIES 6,523
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Just checking in.

Hi @utopia. Thinking of you and sending hugs and best wishes Smiley HappyHeart

Hi @Former-Member. I've been thinking of you too and hope that you are ok. Feel free to check in but please don't feel like you have to. Sending hugs and best wishes HeartSmiley Happy

Hi @eth@Mazarita Its been a long time but I still think of you both often. I hope you are travelling ok. Hugs and best wishes Smiley HappyHeart

I know there are so many others, this is my starting point

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thinking of you @utopia. Sending loads of hugs and hope you are implementing lots of self care. 💜🤗

Former-Member
Not applicable

Just checking in @Former-Member. I hope you are ok. You've been quiet. Thinking of you 💜🤗

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Former-Member sorry I've been quiet. Feeling really overwhelmed at the moment and alone. Thank You for remembering me, I feel so alone at the moment. I just have had so much happen and things going on. And there's only 3 weeks left of school.
How are you?
Lj
Former-Member
Not applicable

I thought you'd be really busy and stressed at this time of the school year @Former-Member. I had coffee with a teacher friend today and she was soooo tired and over the school year. I'm here if you want to talk about what is going on. I can imagine how stressed you'd be with everything firing at the moment.

Im going ok at the moment, just trying to take each day as it comes for now. My stresses at home have settled a little and I've taken pressure off myself for now. It looks like January for me will be stressful as that is when my ex wants to start sorting the legal stuff and separating our assets. 

Thank you @Former-Member. I'm doing ok. My 'other mum' passed away on Monday. That was a hard day. Emotional Roller Coaster. But I feel calmer since then. Have been so busy with all the local community responses and requests, and organising photos and words for the local paper, who will write up a piece on her.
I've also had appointments with my gp & Workcover & scans.
And I applied for a local job yesterday. My first job application in a long time. So fingers crossed.
Also went up to the Mountain with my friend from the Aboriginal Heritage Survey & got to watch as she measured and recorded the details of the 3 Aboriginal Water Wells. Was fantastic watching how she worked. I learnt a lot from her. So, the information is now in the database & she will notify our Aboriginal Elders & they will survey the whole area. So that was a brilliant end to my day.
Hope all is well with you.

Oh @utopia,

I am very sorry to hear about your 'Mum'. May angels walk beside you at this time and comfort you.

Hugs. xox

Hi @utopia I was just thinking of you this morning and then I read this ..... so sorry to hear about your 'mum' passing away.  May she rest in peace and may her angels protect her. 

I just want to give you a big hug Heart I know this is a hard time for you but pls know that I am here for you. And good luck with the job application.  wish you all the best for that.

Take care @utopia, you are always in my thoughts.  Love and hugs HeartHeartHeart

Hi @utopia,

I am so sorry to hear about your mum, I can only imagine what you are going through right now. Please allow yourself to be emotional and reflect. It sounds like you are keeping busy and doing some wonderful things such as applying for a job, well done fingers crossed you get it!

Also that sounds really amazing watching your friend measure and record the Aboriginal water wells, how interesting!

Take care ❤️

Lunar

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance