Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

lucky
Contributor

Gratitude List using the alphabet

I have been invited to start an alphabetical "Gratitude List" as one way to look after ourselves - ok - here goes:

A: Al-Anon Family Groups (my wonderful support group), almonds,apples and avocados, (clean) air, (more positive) attitude, (life-giving) acquaintances, (gradually unfolding and recognising) abilities.

I'm sure there are many more! Who would like to take the letter "B"?

Cheers

Lucky

263 REPLIES 263

Re: Gratitude List using the alphabet

I love this:
B: Breathing, baths & beach

All of which I find very relaxing & am grateful for 🙂

C is for Corny Jokes, Crackers and Cheese..Cordial..I am so grateful for cordial people and a special treat like Pickford's Lemon Cordial when just water gets boring..
C is for crappy days but crappy days give me something to reflect on..that there are days that aren't crappy!
C is for carrots and corn, such Cheery colours to eat!

D...

Is for day naps (the best!), Disney movies & daylight savings 🙂

LOVE THIS!!! F is for fun, free time, family, friends, Friday's, fashion and food.

Sure there are heaps more but it's a start.

Hi all

I didn't see any "E" words for our gratitude list. May I add : Energy (my own, when I have some!), enthusiasm, eggs (cooked most ways), Ella (my oldest granddaughter). Not an easy letter!

Cheers

Lucky

G

G is for gratefulness

G is for the guides in our life

G is for our good days 😄

and goats....yup, goats just keeps jumping in my mind here now so i have to type that too. Cheeky naughty, eating every thing they shouldnt goats! My family had always had a pet one.

H is for Hooray, hallelujahs and hornswaggling! Possibly haggling and the Hague..

Gratitude List

Just wanted to add a couple of things to the ongoing "Gratitude List" some of us are composing. A VERY important  "H" word for me is Humour! When things are getting me down, I have found trying to see the funny side of a situation and learning to laugh at my self, can really help to lighten the load! Another one is Hugs - don't we all need them from time to time?!! Hope is also important for me and learning to focus on the positive, knowing that "This too shall pass"!

The letter "I" is not so easy. I am grateful on a hot summer day for Ice cubes (to cool my drink) and for my ability to listen to and use my Intuition.

Cheers

Lucky

escape ( when/if possible )
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance