Skip to main content

Re: Seeking all Seekers! Come Join SANE’s Scavenger Hunt - PRIZES FOR WINNERS!

Clouds, clouds where are the clouds! I can't believe I'm hoping for clouds ...

@GreyWolf7 🤣

Maybe the Melbourners have an unfair advantage there, since the city is noroious for its whacky weather 😅

Technically, thinking this a bit more thorny…but potentially spiky too : )

IMG_5275.jpeg

@tyme @ZeldaReturns @Bow @SmilingGecko @Dimity @Ainjoule @Patches59 @Glisten @destructive @Ru-bee @rav3n @RiverSeal @espressologic @The-red-centaur @ArraDreaming @Jynx 

So not classic "spikes", but trust me, when you stick your head in to prune and you get the end of one in your ear hole... they're spikey!!

spikey plant.jpg

Unless, the gray sky in the background counts as an extreme closeup of an elephant, i'll get back to you when he clouds here are a bit more "shape friendly" 🙂

So this photo is a 'Z-axis rod' in my 3D printer. (The threaded vertical rod in the centre).  Worth a try.

Z thing.jpg

If not, I just realised my top has a zipper... I could have just used that!!! 🙂🌴

together_by_rachredhead7_d1bt809-375w-2x.jpg

This is a photo I took last time I went to the zoo @Jynx does it count or do I have to find something new. 

20240820_095403.jpg

This is my fluffy kangaroo paw. This plant parent is so happy of my garden at the moment. My roo paws are doing amazingly well. 

It's too cloudy at the moment. I'll find something later. 

@Harmonium yes perfect! Love a good aloe plant 😊

@MJG017 Hehe yep having shoved my face near one before, I can attest to their spikiness!!

Oh neat!! I've always wanted a 3D printer! What sorta stuff do you make? 

@JynxI started off printing models from old Scifi shows I watched as a kid.  I built a Robot from lost in Space.  He stands watch over the printer now.  I've printed puzzles and silhouettes of cats to hide around the house, including ones draped over the top of light switches.  My partner is an O.T., so I've done a few prints for her for work... main some hand therapy/dexterity test things for the OTs at her work to use with their clients.  It's good for little plastic parts like storage organisers, packet clips etc.

Oooh kangy paw, love it!!

Ahh @The-red-centaur hmmm... I didn't even think of that, using old photos 😅

Maybe we ought to ask everyone participating whether they reckon we should accept older pics, or whether only newly taken photos will count! Personally I don't mind at all but perhaps others would like to weigh in? 

@tyme @ZeldaReturns @Bow @SmilingGecko @Dimity @Ainjoule @Patches59 @Glisten @destructive @Ru-bee @rav3n @RiverSeal @espressologic @The-red-centaur @ArraDreaming @MJG017 @Harmonium 

Yay so glad we're off to a running start!

That's actually soooo cool @MJG017 I love how creative you've gotten with it! 

Thanks @Jynx, I bought it about a year ago when I was in a pretty rough spot mentally and thought I would use it a few times, get bored and it would gather dust, but I still love it! 🙂  The only issue, is that i'm now addicted to buying filament for it. 😬

As for old photos, I figure if it's a photo the person took themselves... fair enough.