Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I have mental health but worried about my husband

Hi @Determined

We arnt going camping now. Hubby doesnt want to. He is being nasty again towards me. I dont know what to do. He is always blaming me for everything.

Sorry to hear that @Bubbles3

I dont know what to do @Determined

I don't want to minimise what you are feeling at the moment but wonder if I could gently point out an alternate point of view? Based on similarities to what my darling is currently saying. 

Again not wanting to minimise how you are feeling or say that you are wrong just that there may be the possibility for some middle ground? Reflecting on my own relationship here in the hope that it may help...  Maybe now may not be the best time though.  But when and if you are ready I can reflect on how I am feeling when my darling talks like that...  I would only dare suggest this as you came here looking for help but also I am aware of my darlings sensitivity so want to tread carefully.

I am heading out now for a couple of hours but willtry and check in later tonight. 

Thanks @Determined

I was just wondering...... does your wife over medicte.
Its just a question, you dont ha e to answer.

Iv had another horrible day. Got up at 11 wa time.
Hubby had nithi ng to me to me.
Untill this afternoon. He change a bit. He cought me out with over medicating. Whuch no his not happy about it.

He said we can go camping now. Hopefully that doesnt change.

Im trying me best with everything around the house.
It hard to pro r to him it im doing ok

Another thing , he has nearlly ran out of alcohol and i know shit is goi ng to hit the fan. He never stops drinking. So ill be coppinv it from that end to soon. I think he only had enough for 1 more day and thag thats it. He does withdrawal frim alcohol as much as noesnt want to admit. I know he will take it out on us.

So im not lookinv foreword to it
. Thats for sure
. Im going to hate it.

Hi @Bubbles3

Thankfully we do not have alcohol  in our house at all. 

My darling has been prone to over medicating in the past so except when she is doing exceptionally well I keep everything locked away. (Leave out couple of days to a week supply out at a time). 

This may sound harsh but we are at a point now where if she intentionally over medicates or sh I call her dr and have her addmitted back into hospital for her own safety. (Her last 2 hospital admissions were my call).  

With the assistance of my own councillor I have been working on some boundaries in this area. I also talk to one of phone councilling services before making any decisions to ensure I am not over reacting. 

Im heading out now so will be offline for a few hours but happy to talk about it later this afternoon if you need. 

Trust things go smoothly for you and hubby. 

I have been over madicating @Determined and my hubby hate it . he says he will will lock it away as we have them in a safe now ( because our youngest decided to get into them).

So they are in in a safe and he has threatened to change the code but what he doesnt realise is that i have the key whuch he has forgotten about, hidden away just in case.

I always try to be smarter than everyone else. Im always one step in front of everybody else.

Its just the way i have taught myself growing up.

Although @Determined

I do now have to have my meds at the chemist so i dont over medicate but i still have ways around it. So i do have to pick them up weekly

It upsets me a lot also when my darling over medicates @Bubbles3, I don't want to sound mean or harsh but it is something that you really need to consider especially when you have young children. 

I am sure that your husband being unhappy about it is out of concern for you as I am for my darling, and our children. If he didnt care about you it would unlikely upset him. Im sure he only wants whats best for you. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance