Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Coping when its tough

hey @Shaz51 im ok i suppose..

Re: Coping when its tough

Hi @outlander 

I am just dropping in to say Hi and ask how it's going with Pop - I guess every morning when you wake up you ask yourself what will happen today

As tough as it is for you sometimes it is a great thing - a wonderful thing - you are doing for your Pop and something your mother and aunty are missing out on - and I do understand

After all - you said it doesn't matter who you are caring for - being a carer is the thing and for me it was my son and we have somethings in common and one of those is the misunderstanding of other people - and I think criticism at times - I was criticized a lot and that is unfair - 

After all - we are the only person who knows the inside of the job and I understand too that in a formal setting things can be forced - everyone comes in with a shared problem with varied circumstances and I have been there true - some people think they have the worst job ever - other people just don't really want to share and then there are those that over-share - 

There are times when I feel that I have a gutful - some things get too close to the bone - and for me I find chatting with someone about my son is easier than a support group - I had them years ago - or rather I went - and after some time I had it with them

It's great in these forums though - people are always so supportive - this is a wonderful thing but yes - it would be great to have your Mother care a bit more but we know about that - I actually hope things are easier with her than they were - if you don't share a house things have advantages and of course - some disadvantages

Sending my best thoughts - and one of my owls

Dec

Monday owls work for Tuesdays tooMonday owls work for Tuesdays too

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance