Skip to main content
Tilly33
New Contributor

Living with Scitzophrenia

In the last week I have experienced one or two delusional thoughts. I correct myself in this situation. By telling myself that the thought is delusional. Does anyone else with Scitzophrenia experience this ?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Living with Scitzophrenia

Hello @Tilly33, welcome to the SANE forums 👋 

That is really awesome that you've been able to catch yourself in your recent thoughts, that is certainly not an easy thing to do and something I have struggled with to a point with my bipolar disorder. 

You're definitely not alone in experiencing things like this! Try doing a search on the forums for "schizophrenia" to have a read about others forum members experiences. An interesting fact is did you know? SANE was originally an acronym for 'Schizophrenia A national Emergency' before they branched out their organisation and services to include other mental health issues.

I'm sure you'll get some other great responses here and meet lots of likeminded folk too 💜

Re: Living with Scitzophrenia

Hey @Tilly33 

Yes, I experience this too, but for me I would read the fact that I am having some thoughts that I have to correct as a bit of a warning sign maybe. How are things going for you lately?