Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Shaz51
Community Guide

What Mental Health Help !!!!

Good moning again ,

Well yestaerday`s meeting was a total waste of time again just like the last meeting  with my Husband`s LAZY mental health worker. In six weeks since my husband was in hospital we have had two meetings , which the health worker has said -- just take the tablets and come back in three weeks , yesterday the health worker said -- you need to change how you think and made another meeting in two weeks time , that`s it .!!!!! thank a lot , he is no help at all , my husband doesn`t want to go back anymore .

37 REPLIES 37

lRe: What Mental Health Help !!!!

Oh yes, the mental health system is fraught with frustration. If you have the option to look elsewhere for support then thats what you should do,  no point continuing with someone that both you and your husband have no respect for. There is nothing worse than feeling like noone is listening.

Good Luck

Re: What Mental Health Help !!!!

I hear your frustration and can fully commisurate with it.  Have you considered venting these exact feelings to the mental health worker?  It may be worthwhile letting this be known.  Perhaps if he hears how unsatisfied you are it may make him evaluate how he is treating your H.  It may also be worth considerting getting help/assistance external to this if it is possible.  Don't feel locked in by one mental health worker and the system.  When I was going through the thick of my problems I had a team of people working together with me because one just wasn't going to cut it.  What other supports can you get and use them.

Janna ❤️

and then we had a another meeting with centrelink -- I throught my husband was going to put himself back in hospital , our bussiness has gone down a little bit because of our clients passing away and the jobs stoopping , so we thought we would get some help from centrelink .

this afternoon we got a phone call for my husband to go up to the hospital 45 minutes away for a sleep apnea test tonight -- so he is on his way up there now

Hi @Shaz51

Great news that he's going for that test tonight. How do you feel about it?

Did you end up getting help from centrelink?

Hi          ,  I feel good that the test is being done tonight , getting some directions and with centrelink I had all the paperwork and everything under control , so just have to wait for the approval at our next centrelink meeting -- I am feeling  good but my husband is feeling a little bit anxious waitng but either way we wil be ok .           

That's great @Shaz51

Do you have plans for some self care tonight - I'm assuming you have the place to yourself?

we finished work and were home relaxing with a glass of wine at 3-45 pm when we recieved the phone call at 4 pm telling him to be there at 7pm , so now I am finishing off the rest of the wine and  and relaxing in front of tv with the laptop next to me

my Husband has four adult children aging from 23 to 28 years old, with the daughter living the closest to us ,she  rang up tonight so i was able to tell her what was happening

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance