Forums Home

Carers Forum

Acceptance, connection, support. Share the journey.

Safe, anonymous discussion for people living with complex mental health issues, moderated 24/7 by mental health professionals.

Read the community guidelines
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Introduce yourself here

Ty.... I’m finding it hard to use the site. I’ll try post a thread Smiley Happy

Hello and welcome @Icare20  I see that you have posted previously and that you are looking after your Mum.

Getting to know how the forums work can take a little time. I will "tag" you in a couple of threads that might be relevant to your situation and get some peer support happening, you may also want to start your own discussion thread using the "new discussion" tab in the "our stories" section - link here https://saneforums.org/t5/Our-stories/bd-p/forum-001, or join in one of the other general topics in either the "somethings not right" or "looking after yourself" sections.

Living with son with Schitzotypal Personality Disorder

Hi there - I have an adult son with SPD. He's struggled with menatl health issues for many years. I've struggled along with him.

I have a dog, 2 cats and a bird

I love drawing but never get time to do it any more

I teach kindergarten

Hi how are you going now

Hi am ok - it's very up and down so trying to ride with it! I guess that's life though...

Thanks for asking! :-) 

Hi,

here for help & support, struggling to stay caring. 

I love

all animals

beach

music 

thanks 

Hello @Brooklyn7  and @Sandy16 welcome to the forums.  

Caring can be wearying ... I don't think any of us would deny the attraction of an all expenses paid dream holiday where we could put all our worries aside 🙂 .

Do feel free to join in discussion threads around the forum you might like to start your own story by clicking on the new discussion tab in "our stories".

In the "looking after ourselves" section we have a number of discussions around self care and dedicated ways we can tackle this, shared hints and successes we have in problem areas or hobbies including decluttering, art work, gardening etc.  Then there are the social pages where problems are put aside and we enjoy a virtual coffee, dogs, cats etc with others who understand.

Hello @Sandy16 , @Brooklyn7 , and welcome to the forum

Do feel free to join in discussion threads around the forum you might like to start your own story by clicking on the new discussion tab in "our stories".

letting you know you are not alone my friends xx

Highlighted

Hi. I am here because my 20 year old son has self harmed 4 times in the last fortnight. He is medicated and waiting for his first Psych appointments.

I am tired, numb and feel like there is a long road ahead

For urgent assistance, call: