Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: what to do when feeling Overwhelmed

Thanks @Amberlulu  xx how are you , 

Hang in there, @Shaz51...I'm sorry to hear about your Dad.  I know when the hospital recently found another tumour with my Mum, I was trying to not panic.  But I was very nervous and expecting the worst, already planning and constantly thinking about what would happen next.  I understand that your Dad's situation is somewhat different, and that given his relatively advanced stage, this recent news may not be what you are hoping for.  It's normal to feel scared and worried about something that may potentially indicate further serious problems for him sooner than you would like, and you may even be finding it hard to hide your feelings about this around him.  What is happening is something beyond your control, which makes it even more difficult to deal with.  All you can day is take this one day at a time, and do what you have to do to get through each day, no matter how small, how minor it may seem - giving yourself permission to take time out and do something that you enjoy without feeling guilty, even if it is only for 10-15 mins.  You don't know yet what these test results mean for him,so try not to pre-empt.  Hang in there.  

It sounds like you have a lot to deal with at the moment. I hope that you have friends or family nearby to support you.

Hey hun,

Doing OK. 

You're really brave darling. I just want to say this must be so hard for you right now. 

Sending you some loving vibrations your way. 

Thank you @Sally  and hugs to you too my friend 

You are right , one day at a time and yes we will wait for the results for my husband xxxx 

thank you and good night my friends @Former-Member , @Jacques , @Gazza75 , @Sally , @Amberlulu 

hope you all have a good sleep tonight , I am going to try Heart

@Shaz51  Shaz51 I couldnt put it better than @Jacques ' eloquant words. Am here for you whenever you want a shoulder to cry on. Love peaxxx

Good morning @Shaz51   sorry I wasn't around last night.  Good to see you had support here.  I also couldn't put it better than @Jacques has.  Several of the men on my mother's side of the family have had prostate issues.  Modern medicine can do amazing things to reduce it and prevent it from advancing these days.  

Sorry to hear about your mum's decision too.  It must be very hard to hear as her main support person.  Hopefully she will find some peace having decided.  Stay strong (as you are in my opinion) for the next leg of the journey.

Thinking of you and hoping you too find peace today xx

@Shaz51  I can’t imagine what you are feeling right now - sending you biggest hugs 🤗 and loves ❤️ - life can be so difficult - pls be super kind to yourself so you have the energy to get through each day - take one day at a time and try not to think ahead - deal with facts and next steps .. remember to come here for updates and support - you are not alone and will always be supported x

thank you @Sophie1 . @eth  @greenpea , @Amberlulu . @Sally 

yes  what @Jacques  sid last night brought tears to my eyes knowing that i have soo many friends with me every step of the way xoxo

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance