Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Partners who chose to stay for the long haul

Hello @LizzieLou, as I have shared in my previous posting, people of professions are afraid that others will devalue them and stigmatize them that they also suffer as we do. The highest suicide number is among the professionals, Doctors, Dentists, Psychiatrists, Police, Military and high ranking officials, that is because people believe that they should be the caring providers, not the consumers, there are so many expectations on them and afraid to seek help for themselves. It's like living a double life, but in the end people will know, you can only fool people for a period of time.

Yes agree. It’s tricky at times. Isolation plays a large role in our life. 20 mins max in public one day at a time. We all have similar and yet very differing experiences. It’s great to talk with others. I feel supported and safe on this forum. Hope you do as well. Worn our emotions lead to more worn out emotion. Unfortunately. 

Thanks @Silverfox .....

I think there is a multiple diagnosis awaiting my husband somewhere in, hopefully, the not too distant future, and a personality disorder appears to be the base cause of it all ..... but I am not a professional in that direction, and his choices regarding his future involve another person with complications in that direction too ...... the switch in value system is what has totally excluded reconciliation f

for me, but with five adult kids in the mix, one with profound disabilities, it is also impossible at this stage to simply watch him truckin' off into the sunset with "new person" ...... the pd-like effects remain and are vindictive and controlling, making legal action a big part of our immediate future .....

Owing to that lack of belief in, and support around the carer, I am also experiencing a sense of relief, believing I had done my very best to try to access help for him.  When the addictions and things do eventually surface in a way that can be seen, I now won't be the one there during his treatment and recovery process.

My current task is buttoning down the hatches and trying to keep everyone safe through the sinking of our ship, and launching the life rafts in search of new land.

i am glad I stayed for the long haul, if that helps anyone else.  I have a sense of peace about that.

Thinking of you especially @Former-Member 

Thank you for checking in on me @Former-Member  💕

Hi to all the people I already know here  @Faith-and-Hope @Shaz51 @Carlachris @Scoo @LizzieLou 

Welcome @Silverfox 

Sherry 

Hi to you too @Former-Member  

Hope you are travelling ok 🌻🌼🌸

Hi @Scoo  😊

No ... not travelling well at all unfortunately. Hence my absence from here for over 2 weeks.

But thanks ....... 💖

Oh no sorry to hear that @Former-Member 

I hope things improve real soon. Take care and big hugs 💐🥰

Hello @CLA 

come and meet some awesome friends @Scoo , @Former-Member , @Former-Member , @Faith-and-Hope@Determined 

@Former-Member  thinking of you. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance