Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Carers under 30...

Yeah @Former-Member I just finished an assessment a few days ago so just waiting on them to mark it for me.

Hows things for you?
Former-Member
Not applicable

What course are you doing @outlander?

Remaining relatively steady here thanks.

Ive had to redo my medical terminology course so i cam get recognition and i found out my one that i done previously doesnt count at all. @Former-Member then will go onto human anatomy.

Im glad things are going ok for you 💜
Former-Member
Not applicable

Are you feeling a bit discouraged about that my chickadee @outlander

No, its ok @Former-Member this one is much harder and more detailed too though so in a way the last one set me up abit better for this one. I dont mind studying though. Just abit tired mentally and physically so its making it a little tricky to concentrate but im managing around 2 hrs each day sometimes more. I done 6 worksheets and abit of notes the other day which was around 4 hrs study. When im finished this one at least ill get recognition as its a tafe course
Former-Member
Not applicable

Good on you for persisting @outlander.

296dc212305b181b9b99ed9264a2fee1.png

I dont want to give up @Former-Member i actually really like to study depending on the topic. Mostly anything to do with animals or human health is what i like best or learning new arts and crafts

Do you like to study and learn new things too?
Former-Member
Not applicable

I do like learning new things @outlander.   I probably need to get the gray matter ticking over again - most of the study I have done in more recent times has been work related.  I did a lot of self study in relation to mental illness and medical treatments due to Mr Darcy's crisis. I have been wondering about doing a food handling course or something else with a view to some volunteer work.  There are some horticultural studies available locally - I think it is a certificate course, attending once a week for 6 months to a year - not sure if I want to commit to that at the moment.

i dont know if we ever really stop learning @Former-Member theres just a difference between intention studies like courses or just learning through life.
a horticulture course would be good, i know gardenings something you enjoy as well, perhaps that could lead to helping at a local community garden or something?
but its totally up to you, you might find something else to do with your time
Former-Member
Not applicable

Yes, I don't think we should ever stop learning @outlander . I think I like my gardening to be  hobby/social, don't want to feel obligated to go out rain, hail or too much sunshine; as we are rural here there is not much call for community gardening. 

It is a bit of a "wait and see time"  at present so some things are on hold. Mr Darcy is currently discontinuing a med - there is relapse potential and I am not sure if he is having withdrawal symptoms as there are some concerning features - will probably know for sure over the next two months as dose becomes increasingly subtherapeutic. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance