Skip to main content

Re: Carers Hints and tips to Success

Hi Darcy 

I' doing well. How are you doing?

Grandparents support can be valuable but in my case I don't think it'l help. That's because grand parents ( my in-laws) have lived in denial about their own mental health issues. 

My mom may be of help and I might have a think.

Thanks for all the valuable tips.

Cheers 

Kayjee

hello @saturnzoon  and @Former-Member 

here are some great tips for self care for us xx

Hello @kayjee , @Former-Member , @Faith-and-Hope , @Smc , @perseverer , @octavia 

@Shaz51 

Oh ok its another thread

Gosh theres sooooo many

ohhh @Former-Member , there is a whole lot more threads my friends and lots and lots more members in the forum Smiley Very Happy

how are you today xx

Hi @Former-Member 👋

Hi @Former-Member Yes so many threads.

I still have trouble finding my way around - even after several years.

I rely on notifications to find a thread.

Or I do a topic name search, which sometimes finds it (not always).

Adge

@Former-Member 

Hi

Im 55 & teaching myself piano til i can afford a teacher. 

I also do singing prac regularly.

Thinking walking & singing were the 2 things that came into my life to help me when i had absolutely no contact with anyone. 

I must b an exercise person & a creative person cause those 2 things keep me going 

Once im triggered tho i try to fix what triggered me be it speaking out setting a boundary saying no then its time to b really gentle.

I avoid people cause im aware i just need to rest up. Do only what i have to. Depending on how bad i am. I come good on meds in a few days tho.

People that get to know me have realised to give me a few days to b back to normal.

Anyway ive just finished singing & heading down the beach to hang in the cool water now

enjoy your swim @Former-Member Heart

is your son going too xx

@Shaz51 

No i cant get him to go anywhere with me. 

He loved the beach when he was little.

He just put aircon on for 5mins. I got him a high velocity fan too. Its really powerful & big.

Girls hang out sometimes with their mums but boys dont.

Ill have to get him down there once tho just so he understands why people do it cause it cools u right down for quite a while.

I must remember to put sunscreen on this time.

Im hoping later mates will drag him out. 

@Former-Member 

Yes, there are a lot of discussion threads. I am finding that I am increasingly drawn to ones that help maintain a positive focus and where we gently encourage each other to deal with things when it all seems too hard.