Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

debo
Casual Contributor

R u going mad?????

I have tried everything to get away from the thoughts and memories of my broken marriage- . dance, exercise and even concentrating on my favourite hobbies like reading or watching television. But everything at some point reminds me of my husband. Now, seeing me over eating due to anxiety, my best friend has suggested swimming. She told not to go for classes but to swim at home. She forwarded me this link - The Solda Pools. I’m not sure but I really want a change. I’m going mad feeling like this. Please help.

4 REPLIES 4
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: R u going mad?????

Hi @debo,

I don't think I'm going mad or have ever been mad for that matter.

However I am wondering if you have ever tried to journal your thoughts that you are having. It might help you process your experiences. Although I am not separated from my partner I have found this useful for other things. 

Looking at pools just makes me feel cold in winter although could maybe see the sense in doing some water aerobics at the local heated pool.

cheers,

Carer101.

heated pool is cool idea sister! But I should try water aerobics like u told...mb Id find more fun...what do u say Smiley Happy

Hi @debo

I love the water and have done a lot of lap swimming and used to surf a little when a teen.

I believe that persistent thoughts need to be worked through and that some distraction maybe good to to help calm down but that ultimately a distraction is only that ,, and experiences need to be processed.

I really understand what you mean. It's for very tough dealing with a mad signficant other. It can be very overwhelming. Even though i never been marriage. I had a serious relationship things can get very tough.  Just work together and do your best to not get too upset over your partner because that can be very taunting. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance