Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Cocoloco
Contributor

Paranoia and trauma

tw: suicide, domestic violence, sexual assault, dismissive responses from MH creatures!!!! 

a

a

a

a

a

a

Hi I have severe paranoia. I was assaulted last week. No one helped at hospital. I feel screwed up. I don't feel good and no one to talk to . I think people are going to harm me. Mums got schizophrenia and I was diagnosed bipolar and still think it's true. 

crisis team will not help due to complexity. Physical issues, epilepsy, autism and ptsd to name a few! They are pretty useless. 

feel like a political pawn. Ndis says I have public mental health and those a holes say my ndis plan is comprehensive. Speech therapist and others say plan is low and mental health should help. Sexual assault service failed to assist. 

I haven't slept in months as I was choked in March and almost killed. Then ex completed suicide. It was awful. I feel sorry for him as he was young. 

he was however a literal psychopath. I don't know. Nothing is black and white. Feel bad as I feel safe now. I am haunted by flashbacks and nightmares 

constant derealisation and snow in front of my eyes. I feel really tired and like I want to scream all the time. I am not okay. No one believes me as I act happy not to hurt others. Need help. Was told to come on here. Not sure. Will see gp tomorrow. 

thanks! Heart

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Paranoia and trauma

@Cocoloco 

Smiley Happy

Sometimes Gps are happy to set up regular fortnightly appointments.  If you you think that might help as you work through some of the issues. I have experienced a few similar issues.  Yes the complexity is difficult, but that is what they are supposedly  trained for and paid to deal with.  Good luck tomorrow.

Apple

Hey @Cocoloco

I'm sorry to hear you're really struggling right now, and that you're experiences of seeking help have been so frustrating for you. Sounds like you've had some really horrible things happening, especially in terms of recovering from an abusive situation - it makes sense that you're feeling frustrated, exhausted, and alone. Just wanted to let you know if you're needing some extra support around recovering from your relationship trauma or anything else, feel free to reach out to 1800RESPECT or the SANE Help Centre.

We are here if you need Heart

@Cocoloco you are not responsible for other people's feelings. You may be responsible for the pain you choose it inflict on people, meaning something said or done on purpose but when it comes to talking about anything that happened to you, people are responsible for their own emotions and feelings. Time to think about you. You need the support and care. Hope all is going better slowly. 

I also suffer from PTSD and trauma. Honestly the things that helped the most for me was moving 16 hours away from my trauma (Victoria to Queensland) and finding the right medication for me. Learning mindfulness was also a big thing. I'm now able to practice mindfulness to get me out of a melt down (which took a lot of practice). Being so far away from my trauma means I can leave the house. I can take my dog for a walk around the block, I can go to the shops, I can go out for dinner. 
Having a hobby to get away from your thoughts also helps, my thing is gardening. 
Do you have friends or professionals to talk to about what you are going through?

Thank you. It went well. We will review on Monday to see how I am going. The situation is not clear as yet.

Thank you Smiley Happy

Many kind thanks. I will try to remember. Things will get better.

Hi. I started up drawing and knitting again. I moved away years ago but when I moved back the fear returned. I need to stay for my kids schooling sadly. Yes. I have a trauma therapist. Mindfulness is good. I am scheduling it in each day. Thank you

Thankyou. It went well. We will review Monday as it’s unclear as yet
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance