Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Sorrow
Casual Contributor

I'm new here.. introduction etc

I'm here because I can't do it so totally alone anymore, but i can't really trust anyone either, so its better to have a fake name/username and i know mine probably seems dumb idk but i just thought of the feeling state I'm in right now and wrote that. I let my son down. More on that maybe if i feel safe here down the track this is meant to just be me introducing myself. .i ramble on almost incoherently when my traumas brought up, i know it, im sorry. Anyway 3 things about myself : I'm am a dedicated loving mum who's failed in like almost everything my kids ever needed. I have mental illness. I love hard. I fail harder 🙃 I'm devastated by this fact. (Treat that as 1 thing) 2. I'm a creative, I can make extremely beautiful things & art but I've never been able to get and hold down a job for long. I am extremely lonely, literally/ physically/geographically & emotionally. Hi...  

4 REPLIES 4

Re: I'm new here.. introduction etc

Hi @Sorrow, I'm so glad you've found us! You might like to check out the Craft Corner here: https://saneforums.org/t5/Social-Spaces/Craft-Corner/m-p/199746 for a space where you can post about your art and crafts.

Thanks very much Gwynn, I had a little trouble finding my way around this morning so i hope i can find this again later on for those links. i appreciate your response very much xo

Hi @Sorrow another welcome to the forum. Smiley Happy I think your username is good as a way of expressing how you feel. Your intro post is short by my standards, not at all rambly. The devastation from feelings of failure sound so painful. Many on the forum will relate to what you are to describing, and to feeling alone. The forum has helped many of us feel less isolated, being able to talk with others who can relate, even if we don't have the answers. Same here with the jobs. Not fitting the mould for whatever reason takes a toll. I too am a creative and have found it a huge lifeline in my life, not always easy but a huge blessing.

I'm new too. I joined in 2016, but didn't follow through. Now I'm back I'm  hoping being part of this community will help me and maybe I can help others . I hope the same thing for you. Go well, roses 🌹 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance