Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi I'm new to this forum how does it work ?

75 REPLIES 75

Re: Hi I'm new to this forum how does it work ?

Hey @Former-Member and welcome to the forum. That is a very good question 👍 I suppose, to summarise, in essence it is a conversation between people who have some form of mental health issues. We listen, converse, support and encourage through the written word. For some it is easier to write than to talk so this format serves many well. You may respond to any post on any thread (except the Worry Room thread which is basically a 'dump and run' thread where no response is expected). There are many members, some online more than others and some that come and go. What unites us is the desire to be part of a supportive community where we can talk about what we are going through, what we need and what we desire. For some that is simply getting through each day, for others it is a longer term aims, but for all it is knowing there are others here that 'get' it. 

Hi Hi I'm new to this forum how does it work ? @Zoe7 Thanks for your welcome and responding to my question.

Sounds like a great forum. I'm certainly having my struggles ATM and do often find talking difficult. Let alone talking to people whom don't understand.

I look forward to accessing what sounds like a great support.

Thanks again for explaining ☺️.

Definitely @Former-Member , welcome to the forums.

I hope you will find these forums helpful and you will be able to connect with others.

Hi @Zoe7 !

It is a great forum @Former-Member As with any community, it has it's challenges and misunderstandings, but what binds us - and continues to do so - is the desire for that connection with others that understand. I have been here year for over 5 years and have been through a lot ...but with the support and friendship of soooo many people, I made it through some of the toughest times of my life. Without this forum I would 100% not still be alive. I can thank so many both on this forum and more generally at SANE for keeping me afloat when the seas were swallowing me - that is the power of the support of these forums ...and I could not be any more grateful for their existence. ...and now you are part of this wonderful community too 😁

Hi @tyme How has your day been?

It was sunny here in Melbourne today so I went out for lunch - had Mexican @Zoe7 . It was really good. I think I ate too much!

Tassie is cold?

tyme

Not too bad today - think we reached 15 degrees lol @tyme Much the same expect tomorrow 👍 and sunny here too.

I'm waiting to visit Tassie @Zoe7 . I've just never made it - yet. It'll come.

Are you on school holidays now, or not yet?

Tassie is one of the most beautiful places in the world @tyme I am very lucky to live where I do. I do hope you make it some day soon 💖

Four more days then on school holidays from next week. I am sooooo looking forward to having some time to rest and recover.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance