Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

ButterflyWings
Senior Contributor

Hi All

I have been getting progressively more worried that I couldn't find the way to post, and I finally found it tonight after several months. What was lost is found!

Anyway, I'm a person with Asperger's Syndrome/ ASD/ADD/PDD, Anxiety and Depression, as well as SI/SH tendencies. I refused to label myself as a sufferer because the above are merely components of who I am, not definitives.

I have a loving husband, loving parents, loving sister-in-law, mostly loving parents-in-law. Where I attend church is friendly and supportive. I have a good support network, with many promises for the year/s ahead.

With all the positives in life, you'd think I'd have it all together with no real issues...but my mental health started falling apart in a socially rough childhood and peaked at around age 15. 

Without saying too much here, I'll be so grateful to see this year off.

Have a lovely day all. ❤️

9 REPLIES 9
greenpea
Senior Contributor

Re: Hi All

@ButterflyWings  Hey ButterflyWings (beautiful name btw) welcome to the forums. Yes the forums can be quite tricky to feel your way around but you made it and that's great. I have 3 children  one of whom is ASD and another High functioning Autism. You will find quite a few people have this disorder who post here so you wont be alone. Anyway. Hope to see you around. greenpeax

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @ButterflyWings 

It’s great you found a way to post.  I love the way you don’t see things as labels but as components of who you are.  Hopefully 2021 will be better than 2020. The feeling of the expectation of having things all together is something I also experience. I have really missed not being able to attend church for most of this year due to Covid, Have you been able to attend Church. I find my faith a great support in terms of not giving up but I often wish I could really feel Jesus in my life as I often feel so alone. Thank you for sharing.  

Hi and welcome to the forums @ButterflyWings ! I'm glad you found the courage to post a friendly message. I'm a Community Guide here and one of my roles is to make new people feel comfortable on the forums. I too have depression amongst other mental health conditions so I can relate to some depression elements. There are many different areas of the forums and different topics to participate in such as the daily Good morning thread where people drop by to say hello. I'll try to remember to tag you tomorrow when I'm there. You can tag people or different topics using the @ function to bring up peoples names for example.
Feel free to spread you your wings and have a look around here in the forums.

May i ask what are your interests or hobbies so I can direct you possibly to relevant areas of the forums? For example, do you like art and craft? Animals? Sports? Books?

I hope to see you around the forums soon.

Judi9877

@Former-Member We had our first in-person church service Sunday before last, with Livestream still being run. So lovely to see people! 

Thank you @greenpea 🙂

Hi @Judi9877  I have many and various interests; arty-crafty things as well as Diamond Dot Art, (little bits applied to adhesive canvas by wax), exploring self care, learning to apply mindfulness....I'm a bit of a patchwork quilt really haha

Re: Hi All P.S.

The reason behind my name is that butterflies are a symbol of hope as well as ambassadors for Autism and Depression. There's a blue and black butterfly that I forget the name of...that I love. Butterflies are free to fly where ever their wings take them, so I too am learning to give myself permission to do likewise. Thank you so much everyone for your support and care. It's so freeing to have instant replies 🙂🙂💕

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey @ButterflyWings 

we have a worship night on the10thwhich I am looking forward to. Has seemed so strange not going to church. Hope you have a good New Years and that you find some more self care and freedom in 2021

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance