Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

JennAly
New Contributor

Hello

Hi. I've struggled with anxiety and depression for most of my life. At the moment the depression is bad. My marriage is going downhill. I have no friends any more and no one to talk to. I just feel so alone and overwhelmed caring for my little kids too.

9 REPLIES 9
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Hello

Hi @JennAly, thank you for reaching out here on the forums Heart A big welcome to you. 

I'm sorry to hear that circumstances are bad for you right now. I know there are others here on the forums who've experienced similar things, so I hope you're able to find some valuable connections Heart

I'm glad you're here; take good care 💐

MDT
Community Guide

Hi @JennAly
It's nice to meet you and I hope you find the forums beneficial 🙂
Maggie
Community Elder

@JennAly  Another welcome from me.

I’m sorry things are so hard, anxiety and depression are hard to live with, I struggle with both myself. 

Do you see a counsellor ? Sometimes it can help to talk to someone and get support.

It’s good you have reached out here, we understand.

Take care.

WIP
Senior Contributor

Hi @JennAly 

I battle with anxiety and depression too, so understand how difficult things can be.

The forum members are a very friendly and welcoming bunch, so I hope that you feel

comfortable to chat here with us.

Take care of yourself, 

WIP

Noob
New Contributor

Don't try to solve all your problems in one day. Remember that time passes by, and eventually things will change. You are a good person. Your kids need you. Please try and be kind to everyone.

Noob
New Contributor

I would love to talk to you. I need someone to talk to too.

haystacks
Senior Contributor

@JennAly Well done for reaching out, I have also stuggled with depression and anxiety for around 40 years in the past and sometime you can feel alone and extremely overwhelmed, but it gets better over time. There are a few really good depression and anxiety recovery programs out there,  one is Neil Nedley anxiety and depression recovery program and the other is the live more project. Through these program I have made a full recovery, they were life changing for me. It gives you all the tools you need to over come any issues that you have, from addication, diet, exercise, forgiveness, CBT, mindfullness, resilence and relationships etc. Give these at look on google, most of the time the programs are free as well. There is hope for you out there JennAly, whether the storm it is always gets calmer on the other side and you are not on your own.

Warm Regards

Haystacks

Hi JennAly,
good on you for reaching out as it can be really hard to write about what your experiencing.
I too suffer from depression and anxiety, and it's been so good for the last year and a bit and now it's come back to bite me in the bum!
a reminder for me to get back to see my therapist to remind me of the coping techniques and strategies to use... easier said than done though.
my gosh life is hard. sending you a virtual hug and positive energy to find your way, which I believe you will. stay strong and always reach out cos people here are so amazing and able to offer support in these difficult times. smiles and support for you 🤗
Daisy82
Casual Contributor

@JennAly wrote:

Hi. I've struggled with anxiety and depression for most of my life. At the moment the depression is bad. My marriage is going downhill. I have no friends any more and no one to talk to. I just feel so alone and overwhelmed caring for my little kids too.

Hi @JennAly 

I've also suffered from depression and anxiety most of my life (I'm new to this forum) and wanted to say I see you and believe in you. I think it's important to have people on your side that believe in you, esp as we don't believe in ourselves. 

Your children are your world and I know the feeling of being overwhelmed caring for them (I have 3). It's bloody hard. 

I would love to chat to you as i also don't have a lot of friends either or any that I feel I can confide in. The feeling of loneliness is the worse, but we are glad you are here and that some of us can help you thru this. 

Take care 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance