Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

Re: BDP- looking for a Psychologist for wife of husband with BDP

@Thanks @Determined 

I hope so too, it is incredible how fast it can go from extraordinary to excruciatingly horrible. I am so happy I found this forum. 

Hey @Determined

Has your wife ever been admitted into hospital? 

My husband and has reached a significant place tonight where he can see he needs longterm, intense psychiatric help- ideally into a private mental hospital.. we don’t have cover though! Have you had any experience in this area? 

Hi @Rose0  sorry to hear things have reached this point. When we reached this realisation it was a scary time for me 😥

Unfortunatly my wife has spent time in a private mental health unit.  In 2017 over 4 months across 6+ admissions.

We had to take out private health cover initially in 2014 when she had her first admission.  That was the start of a long downhill slide 🙁

We initially looked into a public admission but were refused as it was not suitable so took out private health cover. This was very hard to manage  at first but over time we have adjusted to make it possible. understanding that we are in a fortunate position though and it is not possible for everyone. 

I'm not sure where we would be now without the option of the private admission as there was an extended period where the desire not to be here was high. Some admissions were for structured therapy while others were purely for supervision to keep her safe. 

Hope that helps.

Happy to answer any questions where I can. 

Thanks @Determined 

That is a really big help, thank you. 

Its just a matter of waiting for the health insurance waiting period to pass.. just not sure he will hang in that long.

Such extremely deterioration in 24 hours. 

Interestingly, it all started going down hill after he recorded himself during a BPD episode... a very mild episode. He was so shocked at his behaviour and how he could behave so badly towards me. My heart breaks for him. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance