Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Online Event // Setting Boundaries as a Carer - with ARAFMI // Weds Aug 26th, 7-8.30pm AEST

I hear you.  It is so hard to really discuss what we are going through with friends with no lived experience.

Re: Online Event // Setting Boundaries as a Carer - with ARAFMI // Weds Aug 26th, 7-8.30pm AEST

Heart

@Shaz51 I hear you & feel you. Just so you know, I have always appreciated your presence, encouragement & comments on this forum site. This might be an unusual suggestion, but if you meditate or even just relaxing with a cuppa - Send an invitation out with your heart & mind for a trusted friend to come along, then spend a little time imagining how that would feel. Miracles happen every day after all.....!

♥️🧡 @FindingStrength 

Alright my wonderful humans, this has been an amazing one - truly blown away by your honesty and insight. You're all amazing. 

giphy (1).gif

@Shaz51 @Hydrangea @FindingStrength @Dama @Anastasia 

& others that have been involved throughout the night, huge thank you for everything you have offered up on boundary setting as a carer. Everyone who has engaged tonight have been incredible, and I apologise I can not squeeze all the @ tags in above but you certainly have all had a huge impact tonight and I have learnt alot over the last 1.5 hours.

Extra big thanks to our guest @Bron from the wonderful Arafmi. I recommend checking them out here, an incredible resource for mental health carers so again, thank you @Bron for your guidance this evening. We also encourage each of you to have a look around the SANE Forums community, our forum is here 24/7 moderated by mental health professionals. We're always here to hold space for the wonderful carers of those affected by complex mental health.

I will leave this thread open for you all until tomorrow to debrief! Goodnight All! Heart

Thank you  @Bron , @nashy  for a great night  

Having a coffee now and relaxing  before bed 

@FindingStrength , @Pixi , @Hydrangea , , @Dama , @Anastasia 

@nashy @Bron & everyone else - HUGE thank you! Even though we're typing & not even having a visual (which I'd love to have some time) this has been a very nourishing experience & I've gained some very useful information, tips & ideas.

We are all doing a greatly under-recognised service for our families & loved ones, so lets all give ourselves a hug & smile - self validation right.

Good night all xx

@Shaz51, will pray a northern friend comes your way.

Thank you everyone for the conversation tonight, it's been a lovely intro to the group for me. 

Thank you one and all for making this forum as such an important experience for me. I have learnt from all of you who posted. Thank you for connecting. Keep well and all strength to each of you.

Come and say hello anytime  @Dama , @Pixi , @FindingStrength xx 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance