Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

EM26
Contributor

something feels weird

I haven't been on for a while and have been doing quite well. I still see my GP twice a week and speak to my psychologist every 2 to 3 weeks and I think I have gained some skills to deal with my depression and anxiety, still a work in progress and I have down times when even walking outside can be hard work. The last few days I have been feeling odd, weird, something isn't right with me both mentally and physically, its like I'm not thinking straight, I feel shaky inside my chest and stomach like butterflies, I tried talking to my GP about it but nothing could describe it so I gave up. 
Any thoughts I what I could be experiencing or how to deal or describe it to my GP.
Help please

2 REPLIES 2

Re: something feels weird

You have such an interesting case. Defining weird is always a weird process. You know what, though, I've got a, not a theory but, a potential tree to bark up upon. I saw this TED talk (linked below if you're interested) talking about the two leading theories of emotion.

One is cognitive expectation stuff. The mind constantly setting up for appointment/disappointment as part of it's day to day function. (And then rewarding/punishing itself for the results.)

The other is bio-emotional feedback stuff. Like what you're describing. The shakies and the butterflies. The body neurology trying to be recognized.

I think both theories are connected. I also think you could bring this to your psychologist and get some old-school analysis accomplished out of exploring these sensations.

https://www.ted.com/talks/jessica_garza_how_to_avoid_catching_prickly_emotions_from_other_people

Re: something feels weird

You know your body best @EM26 . I’d describe it exactly how you’ve described it here. It may start with a blood test.

There can be so many things that can be going on. I think you did a great job of explaining it to us here.

all the best

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance