Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Serenity1
Senior Contributor

school sux

My daughter tells me-

-she doesn't understand any maths being taught in class

- she doesn't even ask questions anymore , because when she gets explanations she still does not understand. 

- she sits there bored watching everyone else understanding & doing their work

- she waits for teacher to write answers on board & copies answers 

i ask teacher for an appointment to discuss - teacher says no to appointment.

i tell chaplain what IV written above - chaplain says my daughter is "playing me"

same exact scenario happened last year - I told teacher at beginning of year daughter doesn't understand maths- teacher did not believe me-

then last term of last year teacher approached me & now agreed with me yes my daughter is behind in maths. 

How do I help my daughter 

nobody is listening to me & I am letting her down. 

I am really struggling. 

I am so tired of fighting to be heard & getting nowhere 

1 REPLY 1

Re: school sux

hi @Serenity1
im sorry your daughters struggling at school, maths wasnt a strong suit for me either but i was lucky to have good teachers actually take the time to explain it to me.
Do you think having a talk to the principle of the school about your concerns would be helpful?
or even hiring a tutor- most uni students jump at the chance or you can go through a company?

just some suggestions for you, hopefully someone will listen and help both you and your daughter soon
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance