Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Jenn4
Senior Contributor

have people gotten better from bipolar? can you please tell me about that? thanks!

have people gotten better from bipolar? can you please tell me about that? thanks! 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: have people gotten better from bipolar? can you please tell me about that? thanks!

@Jenn4  Hi Jenn4 good question .... talking for myself I have improved but am not the same person as I was before I became sick. It is taking years to 'get better'. My psychiatrist says that study/work is out of the question for me as the stress is a trigger and she is probably right but it is depressing. I am not going to give up though I plan to study again (probably online as that would be the least triggering) just have to prepare myself. 

So long story short for me I pray and hope that I will improve to the point of being able to do these things but it is a long, long journey.

Re: have people gotten better from bipolar? can you please tell me about that? thanks!

@greenpea thanks for sharing! wow that's hectic! good work on not giving up! living with bipolar sounds so hard in your case! 👎

- do you believe it's possible for it to ever completely go away, for you to go back to your non-bipolar self?

praying for you! 

Hey Jenn, I have type 1.

The way I think has completely changed...

I've come to accept that I won't have a 'normal' way of thinking again but I know how to deal with it.

I'm confident I can live a happy and healthy life.

@Jenn4  In truth I don't think I will ever be like I was before my illness.  Too much damage was done when I was unmedicated ....  that is just me though everyone is different :).

@Jenn4  i cant really say if you can get back because i have always had bipolar since i was very little granted didnt know that was what it was but it has always been there so my before self was kind of the same but i must say i am much better off meds than on them meds nearly destroyed my life and i am still recovering from the damage. i honestly dont know what it is like to think normally i thought i did but turns out my thinking was "not normal" although i still have doubts if normal even exists. still i think some people can get to a place where they are functional others not it really depends on you as a person and the supports you have avaliable to you. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance