Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Sab
New Contributor

Wife mental health

Hi my wife's mental health is getting worst time to time.

1. Depression.

2. Anexity.

3. No social life.

4. Low confidence. 

5. Quite Isolated.

6. Most of time she is disconnected from world.

7. No intention towards study or job.

8. Lack in personal hygiene.

9. When kids give her hard time she will leave house for half an hour.

From previous partner she have 15 and 17 years. Togather We have two young kids 2 and 4.

I have to do house cleaning, cooking feeding young ones, medical appointments, pickup/dropoff, shopping, keeping kids safe and night time work.

Recently she told me when she was 4 years age her dad sexually abused her. 

Currently she is getting help from PHAMS. I need some suggestion how I deal this critical situation and her mental health issues. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Wife mental health

Hi Sab, Welcome to the forums. I am sure you will get some good advice and support from fellow members when they read your post

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Sab

Is your wife under the care of a psychiatrist or mental health team?  If not, would your wife be amenable to seeing someone?

Hi @Sab,

Welcome to the forum. This sounds very hard, for both you and your wife. @Former-Member's question about wether or not she would be open to seeing a psychologist/ psychiatrist is a very good one. It definitely sounds like she might need more support than PHAMs alone can offer her.

Also what struck me in your post, was the heavy burden that you have taken on. Do you have people that you can turn to for supoport for yourself? Who is looking out for you at the moment?

Hi @Sab

I know its very hard time for you and your wife But you need to be strong this time because the only your love and support can help her . is she have parents because the more people around will help her to get out of this situation.

Former-Member
Not applicable

How are you going @Sab

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance