Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Trying to get help

Hi @Former-Member 

It is really hard to get help sometimes - we don't know where to start and what to say and people are busy even on the help-lines and at night they are super-busy

I get really good help from Life Line - I only ring now and again and usually during the day when this are not as busy - and it really does help me and also - I find it tough if the TC decides the time is up before I have finished and this rarely happens during the day

So try that

About your "people" - I hear you - you have been there for them but they are not there for you when you need help with your Emotional Discomfort - whatever form it takes. I think we get taken for granted - it is so hard to take when people have indicated that they will help if we need it and they don't. Remember this though - although you feel unhappy about it when it happens - and so do I - the other person has the problem - not us

We are enough. We are good enough. We are worth it. We count and our opinions count. It is a hard lesson to learn - hard to teach - but we are valuable and have gifts of our own that maybe we haven't found yet,

I have written about this on other threads - about being our best friend and needing to develop self-esteem - it's not easy but so worth it

Our value doesn't decrease because other people can't take the time or don't take the time - you have a right to be here - in this world and in this forum

I think you are fairly new here so I would like to welcome you -

Dec

That's totally understandable @Snowie. Just remember I am here if you need to talk or  just for general chitchat. Thinking of you ❣️

Glad you got some decent sleep last night. @Lee82 

sending you tender hugs @Snowie 

hello @Former-Member , @Owlunar@Lotusgirl 

Thanks @Shaz51 💓 Still not a lot but definitely more than I have been getting. About 4/5 hours. How are you today? 

Hi @Shaz51 

How are things going with you? I hope your Mum's okay and that her arm is getting better - actually - I missed what happened about that and I gather she was in hospita as well

And Mr Shaz - I understand his anxiety but it must be so tough for you when he keeps asking the same questions over and over again and you don't know the answers. Does he understand that everyone is unsettled and anxious right now and that asking the same questions is not going to get a different answer?

I get it but it has to be difficult and you are still working too - are you able to get any help from Centrelink or is Mr Shaz refusing that.

Really - it's hard for everyone - at different degrees and for different reasons - so far I am okay - I have been able to get what I need from the pharmacy and supermarket - also - I am okay alone -

I have a large jigsaw I had not thought about for ages and I think I will start that - the last time a started it my cat thought all those little bitznpiecez were for her but she has been gone for a while now

Oh yes - I thought I might get another cat but decided not yet - I want to go to Canada to see my cousins when all this coronavirus stuff is over - then I think I will get another cat

All the best Shaz - for my little family in Qld - I think you had rain - that's really good - and we have had all of April's rain in a few days in Melbourne - kinda damp today too

But good seeing as we are all washing our hands all day long

Dec

Former-Member
Not applicable

Morning beautiful @Shaz51 

hello @Lee82@Owlunar 

no , work is nearly nothing now , so not sure if we will have the jobs again later 

i think we will still have the jobs but all our customers are saying " don"t come this Week" and soo on 

we are self employed @Lee82  and it is hard getting support anyway 

anyway mum is 88 and very frail , she had a fall 7 weeks ago and hurt her arm badly , and it is not healing as it should -- has a steph infection in the arm now 

we have had lots of rain but sunny and very hot today 

with this not working  mr shaz has been sleeping in and with encouragement from me we have done some things in the house and yard 

did not get to sleep until 1 am this morning as we had a adventure with a four legged pest , a rat come in , think he is gone now , hope sooo 

good morning @Former-Member 

see message above my friend xxxx

Hey @Shaz51 what is it that you do for work? It's so tough at the moment. I have also lost a significant amount of hours at work too. Down to pretty much a couple hours a week. 
I am so sorry to hear about your mum. Poor little darling must be in a bit of pain. 
Great to hear you are encouraging Mr Shaz to get up and out. That will be very helpful for the both of you. 
OMG I think I would die if I saw a rat! Hope he stays away 😬😬

Former-Member
Not applicable

Good morning @Owlunar

Thank you for your reply, yes I am relatively new to the forums. Thank you for your welcome. 

You hit so many of my buttons with your message, apart from my DID and PTSD my self respect, self worth and self love is very low and am struggling to correct that. When I am in a clear frame of mind I understand that it's my people that have the issue not me. 

I am very fortunate to have access to my counsellor 7 days a week and she really doesn't mind if it late but I don't like to call in the middle of the night so that's when I need the support. But being here in the forums has helped beyond words as well. 

Hoping you have a relaxing day

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance