Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Supporting an already Depressed Partner through Cancer diagnosis

Knowing this post will not reach you until you are hopefully home but have been thinking of you all day and really hoping that hubby has been let go home @Former-Member 

It is not an ideal situation with the aggression that comes with the meds but to have his illness dealt with is super important for you both. We can all here hope and pray that that aggression does not come and that there are better times ahead for you both. 

I also hope that you have been abe to make the drive safely and taken breaks when you need to. Will be looking out for an update when you can post. Many hugs and much love coming your way Hon 💐🌺🌷🌸💛🧡💚💙💜

Hi @Former-Member  you are coping so well with so much.. I really admire your resilience.  Do take care of yourself in all this I can’t say much more right now,  

pero

So sorry to hear about your husband's diagnosis @Former-Member, but glad to hear that you have answers. It sounds like you are going to have a lot to deal with, do you have strategies in place if you feel overwhelmed and need help? Heart

2.png@Former-Member 

how are you tonight? @Former-Member

Re: Supporting an already Depressed Partner through Cancer and Parkinson's Disease Diagnoses

Hi @outlander 

I'm really worried actually ... about Zoe7. She sounds very distressed, and it upsets me that she is hurting so much.

Also concerned that hubby seems to have had a bit of a setback in his recovery from the encephalitis. The hospital reduced the anti inflam dosage upon discharge last week. But Im wondering if it was too soon. Giving it a few days to settle.

My Mum does not seem to be improving either. And although we have now put in an official request for some home care assistance for her and Dad, its taking a while to happen. Which is frustrating, because they badly need the help now.

My sister will be visiting this week too. She lives in the ACT and is coming by train, an 11 hour trip. Its likely to be a difficult few days, because she tends to spend the whole time running everyone else down. We dont seem to see eye to eye much these days. Which is a shame because we used to be very close.

And the other thing, with hubby having been so sick for the past few months, then the week in hospital ... the last thing I really need, is visitors.

All this at a time she would be much more needed by mum and dad as they wait for services while being so sick.

But my sister can be quite thoughtless and self centred, and I guess never even gave any of that a thought. She arrives on Tues, in time for my birthday on Wed.

Sherry

Hi @Former-Member Please concentrate on everything you have going on in your life Hon - you need to take care of yourself the best you possibly can this week. I will be okay. What will be will be. Look after yourself Hon Heart

Hi @Former-Member 👋 💕

Zoe has been floating around the forums a little tonight, which is a relief to see.

I am sorry things are still a bit wobbly with your hubby, and I know all about a pushy sister, but mine has an intellectual disability so it’s reakly hard to get through to her when she is being aggressive.  

Hugs Hon, yes you don’t need a difficult visitor.

I think of you in the mornings particularly, with the peacefulness you describe about your property , and beautiful garden.

You’re a treasure here .....

Hi @Zoe7 💚👋💕

and @outlander .... again 😏 .... been crossing paths with you tonight .....

Re: Supporting an already Depressed Partner through Cancer and Parkinson's Disease diagnoses

@Zoe7 

😢💔

🍂🍀🌺

💐

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance