Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Self Harm

Hey @Angels333

I can hear it was really significant and made you feel great going the whole of today without using self-harm. I felt concerned when you say you hurt yourself quite badly tonight. Do you need medical attention at all? There is the national home doctor service on 13SICK if you do. 

It sounds like it was a big achievement today. I'm sorry you're experiencing those feelings of shame and despair again tonight. I hope some of what enabled you to get through today can help you tonight.  

Take care, 

Tortoiseshell 

Thanks Hams @Flying_Hams 

@Angels333 🙏

Hey @Tortoiseshell  I  don't need medical attention it's just difficult to conceal.

Thanks for your concern 

@Angels333  You have done well today. Please don’t lose sight of that. Tomorrow, we start again and do the best we can. 💕💕💕💕💕

@Angels333  I believe to educate ourselves can be a very helpful tool in understanding ourselves. I’ve spent years trying to understand and deal with the affects of childhood trauma. On a small level it helps, anything that helps is a good thing, big or small.

I’m adding some knowledge I found helpful, hoping you might also. If it’s at all triggering, please let me know and I will remove it ASAP.

466B6C66-BCDA-464C-AB9B-38C802CDF8CD.jpeg

Hey @Angels333  you did so well to get through the day. Well done. It's ok we hsve let downs.  I know it's not easy. Today is another day. Take care. 
I hope tiday is a bit brighter for you. 
hugs ❤️

Hey @BlueBay Thanks so much for your encouragement.   

@Maggie  thanks for the info, It wasn't triggering, I really agree with the article, but I have so much shame about SH being an addiction.

Hams @Flying_Hams Thanks for the help my friend xx

I know @Angels333  the shame is not yours, but I know exactly how you feel. Some comes from external lack of understanding, some comes from within ourselves.

I did a total dental when addiction was mentioned. For me it is, but not everyone. 

Thanks for your reply. I’ve been concerned it might be too much. 💜💕💜💕

Gday champ @Angels333
Thats okay 🙂
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance