Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Partner with both MH issues and cancer

@greenpea

I think it was not just being bald but the thought of "all over" hair loss that was alarming Mr D. 

@Former-Member thanks for asking. Chemo and radiotherapy due to start next Tuesday. Surgery wasn't considered as it would have required the total removal of his osoephagus 😞

@Former-Member I asked oncology nurse about husband's bipolar and he said the steroid he will be given for nausea may aggravate it. Have to wait and see.

@Shaz51 thank you!

@Former-Member  poor Mr. D :(. This wont be an easy time for him or for you. I hope there is as little hair loss as possible for him.xxx

ohhh hugs Mr @Former-Member , @Former-Member , @RMG Heart

@RMG 

I am trying to ensure that Mr Darcy's pdoc is informed of proceedings so that if any tweeking of psych meds is needed it will happen before things go pear shaped.   

In an endeavour to ensure that Mr Darcy is in as much control of the situation as not to be overwhelmed I am getting him to better articulate and write down the questions he has.  I have only had to do a little prompting and raised a concern that had been more distressing for Mr D than he would admit to which thankfully was easily sorted.  

Have you been given the Cancer Council information?  We have pretty much had affairs in order but we noticed that he could get some free help doing a will. Mr D's current will (which he cannot find) is a DIY one and we thought getting one done through a solicitor might be wise.

@Stephanie86 

Come and meet some others who are caring for their partners with cancer.

My Mr Darcy is scheduled to start chemo tomorrow. He has ramped up a bit and is a bit hyped up ... yikes!

How are you going @RMG  @Former-Member 

My husband started his chemo yesterday and chemo today. He's in good spirits. Busy 12 weeks ahead.

Thank you good to see I'm not alone
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance