Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

MsBear83
Casual Contributor

New mum - social anxiety, constant guilt

Hi all,

I’m a mum to a beautiful 6 month old. Text book angel baby. Me on the other hand, an anxious mess. Since bub was born I’ve hardly socialized, I feel all my energy goes towards giving bub all she needs. Other people just drain me. Ongoing trust issues I feel. I know I have depression, and anxiety. Just have zero motivation, and do feel alone. Hence I am here. Introverts unite via online chat yeah?!haha

If anyone has been in the same boat and can extend a lifeline I’d love some help. 😀

4 REPLIES 4

Re: New mum - social anxiety, constant guilt

Hey @MsBear83,

Welcome to the forums, I'm one of the moderators. Sorry to hear that you're struggling with anxiety and depression at the moment and feeling very alone. Post-natal anxiety is really common for new parents as it's such an overwhelming time even with an angel baby Smiley Happy I can hear you are really looking to connect to people who can relate and I hope you get lots of support here. 

I also wanted to let you know about PANDA (Peri-natal Anxiety and Depression Australia) who have an amazing phone service for supporting new parents struggling with their mental health. I believe they also have a peer support element to their service, where you can receive support over the phone from other parents who have been through mental health challenges in the perinatal period. 

PANDA

https://www.panda.org.au/

1300 726 306

Take care, 

Tortoiseshell 

Not in the same boat @MsBear83 but you're not alone and we wanted to send you some love & support Heart

Thank you, I’ll give them a call 🙂

That’s so lovely, thank you 🙂
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance