Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Loneliness

Hi @Former-Member   That does sound like a valuable lesson.  I'm on a cocktail of meds too and know without a doubt that I have to remain 'compliant' with what's prescribed in order to remain somewhat stable (which includes meds and supplements to deal with side-effects)  - I have bipolar 1 as well as complex PTSD and generalized anxiety disorder, all of them requiring daily effort as well as meds.  Some days are better than others, that's for sure.  And those conditions can impact on each other too.

Today I'm sorting out implementation of my new NDIS plan when I can contact the necessary people, and have some tech challenges to do all that.  I don't know how to send emails from my phone, or how to scan documents, and there are a few things I need to sign and return.  No-one is at home here today to help me with it.  So i'm trying to get a face to face meeting.  

I'm glad I rested and had a day off all this stuff yesterday.  I knew today would involve this stuff.

Hope today is a good one for you and that your laughter continues.  Also that your meds don't take to long to adjust for you.  Sometimes it can take a while.

Former-Member
Not applicable

@eth I was just recently diagnosed with bipolar 2, in addition to major depression and bpd. I'm still confused about what it all means, which diagnosis is impacting me at any given time. I do know that so far, the antipsychotic meds have really had the best affect on me. I feel more present and able to communicate.

I had to postpone my NDIS meetings a couple of times, that was before starting the antipsychotic meds, as I was so overwhelmed by it. I feel I'm in better shape now to go forward with it although I too struggle with the tech side of filling in and returning the online forms. The medical centre where I go has a social worker so I might ask her for help when I see my doctor on Wednesday. 

Im glad you got some rest yesterday, it really makes a big difference when we have difficult tasks to tend to. I was able to make follow up calls ( which I usually put off altogether till it's too late! ) regarding various appointments . 

I hope you get that face to face meeting soon, let me know how you go and I'll update how it works out for me. I know they want us to have some goals, so I might work on that today. 

It's nice and sunny at the moment ( being Melbourne that's sure to change any second lol) . I'm feeling at ease for a lovely change, so I'll just enjoy that kind of like the weather for now. I hope you have a good day which involves some laughter too. Personally, I get a crack out of reading the comments section of Daily Mail ! 😊

morning @Former-Member I'm glad the anti-psychotics are helpful. I've responded well to them & it sounds like you are too which is marvellous. Well done. It sound like you're really on a roll with managing your symptoms with walking & thought-stopping and progressing and changing. You're right, the best thing for your son is for you to get strong so you can be a support to him. I'm really glad you're feeling a bit better.

Dinner out with friends was great, a friend suprised me which was really sweet, it just happened organically whereaas usually I have to work hard to make socail interactions happen. My shift went well thanks, I'm starting in 2 new libraries today, one shift in each so I'll be busy!

Have a lovely Tuesday Pilgrim, be kind you yourself x

Former-Member
Not applicable

Good morning @BryanaCamp the meds make all the difference and my doctor agreed that I should continue with them for now, until we get my other meds to a therapeutic level. Sounds like you had a lovely time out and the job sounds great! 😊

hello my wonderful @Former-Member , @BryanaCamp , @eth , @Ali11 , @LouLouMagoo  xxxx

Hi @Shaz51 and others, how is everyone today?

Former-Member
Not applicable

Good morning @Shaz51 😊 

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Ali11 Catching some morning sun while it lasts here in Melbourne. How are you today?

great to see you @Former-Member , how has your day been xx

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Shaz51 I had a nice quiet day, got my laundry done and dried in the bit of sunshine we had. How was your day?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance