Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I have to ask this question and it could be triggering for some.....

My son was and is deadset against D&A ... like you @Eden1919 

which is part of why I have been so upset he was heavily medicated at times ... tho had to agree he needed it at the time ... but it all seemed so dreadfully unfair ...

We had a top person representing him ... who in the end did it for free ... and the judge was trying to explain to my son that the courts were a form of theatre ... with both sides playing their roles ...

@greenpea  I think that your pdoc was trying to get you to understand that you were not in your right mind at the time of the acts ... rather than being mean and saying you were criminal ...

For me I had the other whammies of figuring out all the religious confusions about god's law, man's law and good and evil ...

my mother sometimes believed I was evil ... and thought my sister was too ... but not my brothers and other sister ... she came through her psychoses ... by time baby sister was growing up ... but too late ... I was more of a silly naive Pollyanna with rose coloured glasses ... who was never allowed to reject any food offering ... or behaviour ... too passive and conmpliant ...and somehow took that approach with other things ... also doing science ... putting myself on the line .. trying to work things out ... in a crazy circus of a world.  If nice girls were nicer to me ... prob would not have gone the way of a tomboy ..

I'm really glad to know you too @greenpea   You have just really validated me.  I was out on a limb a bit with what I shared here.  xoxo  Heart

@greenpea  Oh wow I was off lol . I think it can be hard when you do something you regret and can’t take it back but for me the fact that you regret it in the first place says that you are still a good person because if someone didn’t care and they did something awful then maybe they are lacking empathy or maybe don’t understand why it was bad, which doesn’t make them a bad person but I guess they haven’t made progress and at the very least feeling guilty would indicate that you have learned and stuff. Idk how to explain what I am thinking but everyone makes mistakes and even if we do make a huge mistake as long as we try and do better next time then it is still ok. I guess I mean you shouldn’t be ashamed if it was something that happened when you weren’t yourself and that you have done everything you can to fix/try not to do again. We can’t be “good” all the time but we can try and learn and grow from our experiences. 

@Appleblossom  Apple you have reminded me of when I was very small my father encouraged me to have a puff of his cigar. I was only small and of course I did and consequently coughed my lungs out. He thought it was hilarious .... I really dont know how some of us survive our childhoods. Love always pea xxxx

@eth  eth Heartxx

@Eden1919  Hey Eden1919  thank you and yes you are right as long as we keep trying to be our best and to stay sane (lol) that is all we can ask of ourselves.Love peaxxx

Yes @greenpea  those were the days ... huh!

I refused cigarettes a few times to be harangued, mocked and ridiculed. There were no safe places, in the end I smoked heavily for 10 years ... it is why in the end I avoided the rocknroll culture and went classical, at least I was not being forced to imbibe in substances ... ha ha ... until ... I was paid in a nice bottle of red ... and got sick of supporting the wine fundraisers ... I could not give away enough bottles ... and yes .. I know alcohol is legal .. to amke money with taxes ... whatever ... der ...Smiley Tongue

I am sorry your father did that to you @greenpea

I saw a lot of males doing that kind of thing.  I was lucky my father did not.  He did have empathy and a social conscience.  Maybe I idealised him as he was gone so early, but I honestly never saw him being mean and he supported my mother in discipline of the children. She never knew how lucky she was.  It took a long long while for me to find Australian males who acted in a similar polite considerate way. Far and few between, unfortunately, but they do exist.

@Appleblossom  You are a good person Apple. Thank you for apologizing for my father's actions.  No one actually ever has. My mum is too absorbed in her own misery regarding him whilst my sister has wiped out every negative experience she ever had with him (which I still to this day find amazing!).

I am glad that you had a good and caring father. I am sorry it was only for a brief period of time ...... so hard for chilldren..... so unfair. You havent spoken much about your mum ..... I am sorry if it is painful to go over. I just hope you have come to some kind of peace to any childhood pain that you experienced.Love peaxxx. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance