Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I am worried and unsure

Hey there @Eden1919, it is a frustrating process at times isn't it? We definitely hear you. I am assuming you're on a mental health plan with a specific Psych you've been assigned etc? There are over 100 modalities of therapeutic approach, many different ways suicidal ideation can be managed and explored. I could be wrong but it sounds to me you're feeling frustrated with the style of the people you're working with.

Or am I off? Heart

That would frustrate the (swear word)  out of me @Eden1919. Not being heard. 

And yes,  I've always tried to find a solution,  fix things for people.  It's part of my nature. 

Hi @Eden1919

just been reading your post snd it must be very frustrating and terrible thst your psych isn’t listening to you. Thsts their job - to listen snd I mean really listen snd ask you questions snd then make an informed decision based on what you tell him. 

I can’t remrmber if you wrote that you’ve told your doctor. If you haven’t it would be good if you can tell your doctor. 

I cant understand why your psych isn’t listening. What just because he says you look good doesn’t mean you are good. 

Or change psychs but that could mean a long waiting time. Depends how busy they are I guess. 

What about the CAT team. Can you csll them? 

Just trying to hrlp. I feel for you. I would be really sngry too. 

BB ❤️

@nashy It is not just the style it is the fact that they don't seem to give a crap what happens like they just really don't understand how intense this is. 

@utopia It's ok I understand fix it people can be very helpful in many different situations but it can be difficult when the thing can't be fixed. I think sometimes that makes people who like to fix things feel helpless and frustrated. It isn't them doing anything wrong just a bad situation. 

@BlueBay I can't change psychiatrists and my psychologist is leaving and hasn't found a replacement and doesn't even seem to be trying to help find one so I am about to have no psychologist anyway. I can't call CATT because they are horrible and abusive and cruel and just like the hospital staff who hurt me. Honestly the last few times it has gotten to the point where I actually did something and then ended up in hospital and even when I was there they just locked me up in a room and told me to shut up and some other things I can't say on here. Nobody ever listens. I don't have anyone I can go to or anywhere I can go to I have nothing. 

I’m so sorry you were treated like that in hospital @Eden1919. Thst must have been horrible. 

Whst about writing down a letter to your psych explaining why everything. I’ve done that before with my psych and he actually listened. 

I don’t know what else to suggest. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance