Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Help

I am still here @Lotusgirl 

Lotusgirl
Senior Contributor

@Former-Member  hi thank you so much. Yes the other concern I had is more detailed. I am the David in a David and Goliath battle. I was abused by the head of a UK based charity and I have battled for so long to bring a sleuth of evidence to the charity commission's attention not only me but many others who have similar complaints. 

I had a win yesterday a Dame from the UK parliament wrote a very good letter telling the charity Commission to get its act together and do a proper investigation. The media are also swarming with interest. But being a whisteblower has taken a toll on me too. Waking up and being brave knowing I have to safeguard others is so important. 

How are you? Tell me about your day 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Omg you are so very brave and such a strong person, I want to hug you so much right now. What you are doing for the others is nothing short of amazing. I couldn't even stand up for myself even when I thought other might be at risk. (I was only 12 at the time though) I am glad that she wrote to them, maybe something will finally happen for you. 

My day has been a little rough to say the least. Workcover and the return to work coordinator are pushing me to go back to work and I am just not ready. My daughter has been self harming again, my son won't return my calls.... blah blah blah. They are little things but when I am low sometimes it just gets to much. 

How has your day been

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Lotusgirl  I forgot to tag you in my reply

Lotusgirl
Senior Contributor

Give me just a bit to reply as I'm on call after call and I want to give U the reply U deserve @Former-Member 

Lotusgirl
Senior Contributor

@Former-Member did you leave work because if PTSD? I find people don't understand mental illness. I have had to stop work as well because my mental health is not great. I have so much respect for you. And you have children too and that would compound any illnesses you have. I couldn't imagine how hard being a parent is. Let alone a parent with a mental illness. 

How long have you been off work and what are work cover saying exactly ,

Honestly for them it's all about money they don't care about people or humanity

Former-Member
Not applicable

Sorry it's taken me a bit, I am smell sensitive and could smell nail polish in my house. No one has even touched a bottle it took nearly 10 minutes to work out that it must be one of my neighbours. Such a headache now. 

No I have only recently been diagnosed with it, back in December a client with dementia assaulted me and I have on the downwards slid since then. 

my children are all adults now at 20, 21, and almost 27. They are my world my biggest source of joy and pain. My two eldest live with me and my youngest with their dad. They don't understand but try hard not to judge and be supportive but there is not much they can do really. 

My psychologist  diagnosed me with acute PTSD and my doctor agreed with her diagnosis. Because of how they worded their report, workCover said they didn't have a definitive diagnosis so I'd have to see one of their psychologist.  Which I did last Thursday he was inappropriate barky and quite a horrible experience for me. WorkCover a call today because they receive his report and he said that I was on the cusp of PTSD but said I could return to work without returning to work with dementia clients. I know I'm not ready to go back to work my son can't hug me my ex-husband can't touch me I was a hugger before the incident but now anyone comes near me I flinch and can reduce me to tears sometimes. I have nightmares I don't sleep and quite frankly my function it keeps going down. I am usually hyper aware of my hygiene and how clean my house is but you should see it now it's just a  bomb site my hygiene I'm really embarrassed to admit it's not up to my standards I sometimes just don't have the energy to do anything any more. There are days when nothing seems to improve at all and make a small step forward something happens one phone call one raised voice and it takes me back to what happened.  
i'm scared to return to work because what if a client is something that triggers a reaction what kind of danger will I leave them in when I have to walk away because I can't handle it. What happens to them and at the end of the day with them what happens to me I would've failed in my duty of care to my clients and it will be all my fault my company won't admit or take responsibility if they push me back into work but I am a single mother I support to my children because they can't work I have a mortgage I need the money if WorkCover doesn't pay me then I'm going to have to go back to work that just doesn't seem fair to me. 

sorry it's such a long post @Lotusgirl 

Lotusgirl
Senior Contributor

@Former-Member  sorry I didn't reply straight away I was having a crappy day myself. 

The work cover psych sounds so rude.

You don't need to be embarrassed about anything to tell me. I can understand how hygiene would lapse when everything is going on. 

Trauma impacts everyone differently. You get taken back to the moment of what happened. 

Is there any way if challenging the work cover psych report. That person sounds both rude and unprofessional. The reports you adduced should outweigh that one. You can't be forced to work if you are in a state of constant trauma. You will really struggle. 

How are you today 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey @Lotusgirl , how are you lovely 💖

Lotusgirl
Senior Contributor

@Former-Member are U awake? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance