Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Xerox-ofa-xero
New Contributor

Everything feels like a struggle

I wish I could get by without breaking down or feeling guilty.

I struggle with my emotions a lot. I feel them way more intensely than anyone else around me. I have fits of fear, sadness and rage when I have to do anything out of my comfort zone. If I drink alcohol I fall into a spiral and it makes me depressed more than ever. I get paranoid when I'm stressed, feeling everyone's eyes at me at work, like they're all talking about me at once, knowing me darkest secrets, even though they don't. 

I'm so emotionally exhausted with myself and I just want to feel normal. I'm scared I never will. I tire myself but can't sleep because of my anxiety. 100 experiences, interactions and feelings running through my head at once. I can barely find a sense of peace. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Everything feels like a struggle

Hello dear,
You are not alone in this journey of anxiety and sense of isolation. I believe that just knowing this, that it is okay and normal to feel this way, can make you a whole lot better. Remember that you being more emotional than the ones around you is a part of your personal strength. Being more emotionally open and candid makes you who you are. So embrace your emotions, know that they are your means of expression. Don't repress yourself. Also use this emotional side to help others around you heal. I believe that inner peace always helps in overcoming anxiety. Join as a volunteer to help those in need or do something for others and you will find your restlessness lessened.

Welcome to the forums, @Xerox-ofa-xero . It's good you are here, where people can understand what you're going through. 

@Xerox-ofa-xero wrote:

I struggle with my emotions a lot. I feel them way more intensely than anyone else around me.

Do you think you might possibly be an HSP (Highly Sensitive Person)?

@Xerox-ofa-xero wrote:

I tire myself but can't sleep because of my anxiety. 100 experiences, interactions and feelings running through my head at once. I can barely find a sense of peace. 

I'm also wondering whether you have any professional support for your intense anxiety...like a supportive GP, counsellor or medication?

A handy forum tip is if you type @ and click on a member's name in the drop-down box, they will get a notification that you've replied to them. 

Hi there @Xerox-ofa-xero

Welcome to the forums  🙂 I hope you'll find support, information and connection from the other members.   

Thank you for sharing your journey with us. Like what others have mentioned, It is okay for you to feel these emotions when you are out of your comfort zone. I think we all feel this way at some point in our lives, and even more so when we are in a stressful situation.  

Besides the forums, have you considered talking to someone such as a counsellor or a psychologist about these feelings? Our counsellors at the SANE Help Centre are available (Monday to Friday,10am to 10pm) if you would like to have a chat. 

Take care, 

Peonies 

Don't give up sweetie, find a good doctor who can refer you to a counselor or some other type of assistance, lots of love and healing, Muffy x
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance