Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

16sundayz
Contributor

Eating Disorder

I've just suddenly realised that I'm putting myself down due to my eating disorder. I say things to myself like how fat I am. I just wanted to to know is that what other people call "Ed" or something totally different.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Eating Disorder

Hey there @16sundayz thanks for your post and I am sorry to hear that your disorder is having a negative affect on the way you speak to yourself. You're not alone, I think quite a few of our community members have to reign in their self-talk I am sure a few of them will jump in soon with some ideas Heart My understanding is ED is the shortened form for "eating disorder". We have a lot of info on Eating Disorders here, in addition to our wonderful forum users insight as well 🙂

Have you got any support with your self-talk, such as a therapist or peer support group? Look forward to hearing from you.

Hi @16sundayz  @nashy 

ive been diagnosed with an eating disorder. It's really difficult for me to control. But I'm getting help from a very good dietitian through my local hospital. 
I hope others will join in the conversation with you. 
welcome 😊

@16sundayz

Hey. I'm sorry you're struggling with your eating disorder. I can relate. I'm trying to recover from mine while inpatient. You will find there are a few of us here with eating/body image issues.

Have you ever talked to anyone about how you feel?

In reference to the question, most posts saying ED refer to eating disorders. Though occasionally it could refer to emergency department. The context of the post will usually determine which one.

Thanks and I'm sorry you have an ED too

I was only diagnosed late last year and my psychologist is away until the 28th and I'm not seeing him until 20th February but do intend on asking him more about it.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance