Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Dissociative Identity Disorder Carers?

She's now had her leave priveliges revoked to keep her safe. Good move, but she's understandably unhappy and "feeling trapped". Hoping and praying it will work out better than she expects.

I remember well when Darling had her leave canceled @Smc so feeling for you and daughter.  Praying with you that everything sorts out for the best. 

@Smc thinking of you and trust there are some improvements for your daughter. 

@Determined, not at present I'm afraid.

She was transferred out of the private clinic last night (after consultation with us) because the staff and her psychiatrist were not confident that they could keep her safe. Spent the night in a city emergency ward under watch, and has now been transferred to the local mental health unit as an involuntary patient. That needs to be reviewed by the local psych team within 24 hours of her admission there, so we'll find out sometime soon how extensive that's likely to be.

We're mostly feeling resigned. We've run out of ways to keep her safe, but someone else is currently keeping her safe whether she wants them to or not. Unsure what would be best for her. She's feeling trapped, but is highly likely to SH or worse if she's discharged. For her own protection, a compusory admission may be the only workable option. We'll see what comes.

Hubby and I are still a bit under the weather too, but heading towards recovery, so we should be able to manage visits in to the local unit if that's how it eventuates.

Sorry to hear that @Smc 😕

Praying for you and family that things will improve. 

Older Daughter arrived at the local hospital via ambulance midday-ish. Local psychiatrist assessed her and sent her home, where she pretty much immediately SH with SI. She's been taken back there via another ambulance to get repaired and reassessed. They're now trying to send her home again. We're heading in to the hospital to strongly protest. Dunno how that will pan out.

Hugs @Smc 

@Smc I cannot imagine the emotions you would be experiencing ... praying

@Smc thinking of you Heart

@Smc thinking of you and praying here also. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance