Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Checking In

Thanks.  Family is very important, although there are always difficulties ...thats life.

We live in Victoria. @oceangirl 

i used to travel on the train a bit, but am tired, so booking courses and things within a couple of hours drive.

It is an important self care.  Booking something.   I hate waste so have to go ... and make the most of it.

There is a weekend in Inverloch ... prob should not be too specific and a week music PD in July,  thats in the city. 

Heart @oceangirl 

@AppleblossomFamilies can be diffcult I don't understand why though. 

I'm thinking of doing a tafe course soon but not sure yet. I have a niece in Victoria and atm she is in the UK. I like going to new places and self development. 

I am hoping to go visit my brother, we only discussed it tonight, its been quite sometime since I visited him. But he has been up to see me.I think that might be good for me. 

I think we must have been responding at the same time yesterday, I completely missed your post. Glad to hear you have events coming up - I hope you have a great time @Appleblossom 

Hugs

All Good @oceangirl 

Heart

Before joining the forum I was unsure about positive planning for me.

I often let all the family stuff run in together and get on top of me.

We cant always do what suits us, but when we can make good plans, it can be better for all to do so.  My son is a home boy. He does not like to go out, but he likes it when I go out and have a good time.  At first he did not care or notice, but over time he was matured. Now, it keeps him happier about me and the world we live in, instead of me always being freaked out and at the end of my tether, and the world, and the whole reason for being looks gloomier.  Sometimes I get upset about not being able to be totally free in my own home ... thats another issue .... lol ... we are working on it.

Heart

Each family has its own struggles.

Hi my sister @Appleblossom 

So good to get your message apple

You're right all families have their struggles

Glad to hear you and your son have a good relationship

I'm trying to change the way I think and just see how that helps me

In what way do you feel you don't feel totally free at home- you don't have to answer that. 

I struggle to feel comfortable out socializing and things like that I much prefer to be with my dogs. I am trying though to gain more skills in that area

Next Tuesdsy I am planning on going out and playing golf- its not on a golf course- its a driving range

I feel like I am glossing over things and I wish things were different in someways not sure if that makes sense though

How are you?

Your dog pics gave me a smile @oceangirl 

Smiley Happy

I just had mh worker and talked about NDIS.  It was good, but I am feeling upset by a distressing memory that came up about my brother., so need to self soothe a bit.  

Smiley Sad

Sometimes being open to other ways of thinking can help, rather than flat out changing one's  own thinking.  Usually we develop thoughts cos of experiences, they may not be a complete guide to other people, finding away that honours the self and the other has worked best for me.

It is nice feeling a sisterly bond.

Hugs

Heart

cute pic @oceangirl

That driving range next tuesday should be fun @oceangirl, it's a great way to meditate and relax 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance