Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Fisho
Casual Contributor

Can’t see help

New here so hi I have a fair few underlying mental issues that cause major problems in my relationship my partner says I need to see a councillor but I just can’t seem to get my self to do it when we fight I just switch off my emotions which is the same as I did as a pre teen just ahut out the world what can I do to make things better 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Can’t see help

It’s to the point I’m back to feeling totally hopeless I was laid off my job last week which hasn’t help but that’s another story just feel like I’ve let everyone down 

Hey @Fisho  firstly welome to the forums, I want you to know that you're not alone, we all hear you and many of us have been faced with the scary challenge of taking the leap to counselling. It is really daunting at first, but for many people living with mental health challenges it's a complete game changer Heart I don't doubt the community will chime in soon with some more insight around their own experience.

Feel free to share with us what other underlying challenges you have been up against, we're here to listen. As you're new I would recommend you check out our Community Guidelines here as well 🙂 Speak soon @Fisho 

I’ve been to a psychologist before a few years ago but if hasn’t helped our situation I think it stems back to the stigma attached to it all .whwn I was younger around 12 I think I was draged to the school councillor  and coped heaps of shit from the other kids I was never the cool kid at school and kept to my self. I’ve book in to see a new gp as I’ve just moved town so will hope for the best . Just been a really hard few days back to the ways of old when I moved town I got a new job that allowed me to be home in a even roster compared to on call 24/7 and always at work with my old job this has been great but I feel I’m slipping back into my old ways of just going into a rage when things go bad . Just to add a bit more stress I was made redundant at the great new job we packed up and moved for about two weeks after signing a 12 mth lease so yeah things are great I have been able to ah e a strained convo with the mrs but things ate in a bad way 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance