Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Bpd daughter had to finally draw the line

@Sadbutterly  Hey Sadbutterfly and welcome to the forum. Like @Smc we are in it for 'the long haul' and it is hard, oh so hard but worth it at the end of the day. My son2 10 years ago was sh, attacking us verbally and physically for roughly 6 years until his medication finally kicked in and his hormones stopped racing. Now we have our loveable gorgeous son back again. It was worth all the pain and suffering we endured as a family at the end of the day to see our son well again.

Hope you around the forum. greenpeax

Hello and welcome @Sadbutterly 

I have a similar situation to that @greenpea went through; ongoing, and sometimes I'm despairing, other times there's some hope. You have really endured a lot. It sounds like for your own self preservation and for your relationship, you have taken an important step. It doesn't have to be the end as you have given your daughter so many options. Guilt is so difficult to bear, but so is the abuse that you have taken for so long. If your daughter knows that those options still stand if she is willing to take some responsibility for her actions and her life, you have done your part and done your best. There have to be limits. These two things exist side by side. Take care, and please know that there are many people here who will listen.

Very well said in response @tweetie72 and @Smc 

Hello Everyone

i am very sorry to read all of the stories. I too am going through exactly the same scenes with my BPD Daughter. I'm the worst mother on the planet etc and it is horrible to see and hear her anger. I don't know if ittvwill ever stop.

Move on. There is nothing more you can do. I have been experiencing something similar ( see my post under forum topic SOCIAL SITUATIONS) I have decided to take a step back, as it’s been 18 months being abused and living in hell.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance