Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Nathan768
New Contributor

Boderline Personality Disorder

Hi I'm 23 and I live with my 19 year old partner who is suffering from BPD. she was diagnosed earlier this year and ever since She has taken an extreme drop in attitude and general well being. We have been to several councelors and therapists and the results have been very dissapointing. I am very worried for her mental health and our relationship. If there is anyone out there that can help with therapy specifically designed for BPD such as Dialectic Behavour Therapy or anything similar please help me. We are both struggling finacially because of her mental illness she cannot work and we need a healthier environment than the one we are currently in. Please if anyone can help please help me.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Boderline Personality Disorder

Hi Nathan768, welcome to the Sane Forums. There have been members discussing DB therapy and its use and effectiveness with BPD. I am sure you will get some support and advice from members.

Hi @Nathan768 and welcome to the forums,

Sorry th hear you are having a rough time at the moment, unfortunately I cant help much with recommending anything about treatment but I may be able to answer other questions.  There is a thread I started here about supporting my wife who lives with bpd. It gets off track a bit but the first couple of pages may be useful for you. My wife an I have now been married over 18 years and for us the last 12 months have been the most difficult with multiple hospital admissions but we got past it and things are starting to look up. 

The most important advice I can give you is to look after you in all of this. Easier said than done I know but much easier to set some loving boundaries now than trying to break bad habits later (as I am finding out).  

Do you have support from friends or family who genuinely understand? People you can talk to and trust? If not it would be benifical to finding a councillor for yourself.  This can be financially difficult I know. Depending on where you are there may be a free service you can access. Because I support my wife I have access to a free counselling service through a community organisation. Your go may be able to help with this.

If you have any specific questions I will do my best to answer them. 

@Nathan768

There is also a discussion on DBT here that you may find useful. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance