Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

Sometimes @Boonana we all need a little validation that how we are feeling is okay. We can never be happy or on top of things all the time but we can work towards knowing when that is the case and either finding strategies to deal with it or to learn to let it pass in it's own time, That is often the hardest to do but knowing for ourselves that it is okay to have those down moments and that things will eventually get better is suoer important. Life is nt all roses and rainbows but when we can find those moments of joy in each day it certainly makes it much better. Often we hang onto the negatives in our lives because that is what we have always done or those are the experiences we have had - but finding that little bit of light in each day is super important. I find that each day with my fur babies - just as I susoect you do with Eddie - enjoy those moments - be in that moment and let it fill you with happiness because you deserve that.

I have my little fluffball asleep next to me right now and just looking at him makes me smile - those are the little moments that I hang onto. I also vacuumed today and whilst that may seem to be an everyday chore - it has taken me weeks to actually do it - so to see the house clean is another positive for me today. Those moments do not have to be big - infact the smaller things can often give us the most pleasure - find those moments for yourself and let yourself enjoy them when they come.

I’ll be back in 10 minutes sorry

Hi @Zoe7 @Boonana ....

Hey Hon @Faith-and-Hope Heart

How are you holding up tonight @Zoe7 ?  Did you manage any more sleep today ?

No didn't sleep anymore and really need to head to bed very soon - totally exhausted tonight. Will you be able to be around for a little while @Faith-and-Hope@Boonana might need some company. I know you are doing your sculpture work but hoping you would have a little time to be here for when I need to leave.

Hey everyone, 

Just wanted to jump in and say as well that lifeline is available 24/7 for when forumites are unfortunately unavailable to support and listen. It might not be the same but it can be useful for when people are not around and things are difficult. 

Lifeline: 13 11 14 or Crisis Chat

Take care Smiley Happy

Tortoiseshell 

Sure @Zoe7 ..... 

I hope you sleep well tonight.

Here is an echidna baby to help inspire you for your school project tomorrow.

1631FFE9-8EE7-48D5-96DB-57DBDB63BEC2.jpeg

Thanks @Tortoiseshell .....

How are you doing @Boonana ?  A couole

of my kids have been struggling with depression in the last few years.  They are probably a little older than you.  It’s hard, and it’s good that you’re communicating about it.

I'll have to get the image in the morning @Faith-and-Hope but it will be nice to wake up to. Thank you so much for being around - I really need to go to bed.

@Boonana I have had a big afternoon and am exhausted so need to head to bed. I have a course in the morning so need to get some sleep before that. @Faith-and-Hope is around which is wonderful and if you need to talk to someone about your feelings tonight then Lifeline is also available - as @Tortoiseshell posted. 

Goodnight all - hope you sleep well when you head to bed as well Smiley Very Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance