Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

It is not embarassing @Boonana It is unwanted attention and definitely something that you don't need to feel embarassed about. It is not okay Hon - please know that and you do not need to go through these feelings alone. It is something that you really should talk to your counsellor about and get some help to work through it. There is evidence that the sooner you deal with these things the easier it is to move forward from it so I would encourage you to bring it up with your counsellor as soon as you feel able to do so.

@Zoe7 But everything happens for a reason right? Isn’t that what people say? What if I just deserved this?
I feel like the guilty one and he probably doesn’t even care.. does that mean I am the guilty one?
I don’t know what to do anymore..
I’m scared to tell people I’m close to because I’m scared they will judge me or think of me differently. I’m scared they will see me as a different person. What if she doesn’t care?
It doesn’t matter anyway.. I can’t change it. It happened and it’s stuck with me. That won’t change 😭

It did happen Hon and that part you cannot change but where you go from here is entirely up to you @Boonana It is in no way your fault and you certainly did not deserve it - no-one deserves that unwanted attention. Whether he cares or nt is not your concer - what is important here is your feelings. What you are experiencing is all quite natural here Hon. Those of us that have dealt with similar things have also blamed ourselves - but you are in no way to blame - I cannot over emphasize that enough. Your feelings here are entirely valid and I think society has come a long way with dealing with these things. I do not doubt that your counsellor will believe you - and these things are so important to have support to work through. I know you are feeling like you are in a world of hurt right now but we are here supporting you - and hey - you told me so that shows your strength as well. Let that strength work for you in telling your counsellor - I am sure she would want to know to be able to help you - and as you have said already - you have a very good relationship with her so let that work for you.

Thank you @Zoe7
That really means a lot and I really appreciate it ❤️
I will try my hardest to bring it up in my next session..
can you help distract me? I need a distraction from the horrible thoughts and memories..

Sure - distractions are good @Boonana Just fed my fur babies their night biscuits - and yes they get night biscuits lol They are incredibly spoilt Smiley Tongue

Still haven't cut Toby's hair but spent most of the time on the couch today.I do feel a little better tonight so maybe I can cut his hair tomorrow - then I can vacuum - arghh! What are your plans for tomorrow?

Cute
Again I have no plans which is horrible because I’m gonna feel horrible 😩

Hi @Zoe7 @Boonana @Shaz51 @Snowie @Faith-and-Hope  and all around it is not your fault @Boonana I have read up 

Let's workmon making a plan then Hon - it doesn't have to be much @Boonana maybe a walk to get your mind and body moving a little. Sometimes the simple things like a walk somewhere nice can help - is that something you could do?

Hey @Pepsimax What have you been up to today?

Hey @Pepsimax
I don’t know if I can believe that.. but thank you ❤️
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance