Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

that's very cold for your area aint it? @Shaz51

@greenpea  Glad to hear your support worker is supportive, understanding, kind and caring. Those are wonderful qualities to have. I think the tafe course will be interesting. I understand your frustration about sleeping- I have similar issues. Hope you had a great day....

That all sounds really difficult for you @Jezabell89 I do hope the new diagnosis assists you in getting a Disability Pension. It would be even better if you could get a job for that sense of purpose. It is incredibly hard when you want something and it isn't happening for you. Feel for you Smiley Sad

Hi @Jezabell89 👋

To start a new thread -

Go to Forums Home (written somewhere near the top of your page, click on it and the link will take you there).

Find the bar that says Visit Lived Experience Forum and click on that.

Find the Discussion Topic you want, and click on the title (Our Stories, Looking After Ourselves, Social Soaces, Somethings Not Right, etc)

Find the New Discussion bar and click on that.

When you choose a subject, for the Subject title it is a good idea to put the information you would like people to respond to in there - like schizoaffective, or depression, or ocd, so others using he Search bar can more easily find the thread.  It’s a way of connecting people with the same sort of challenges / struggles.

I hope that helps.

I noticed your last paint has been taken down for the moment - just remove the name of the medication and repost it ..... 

@Jezabell89 

paint = post in the message above ^^^

Hey team, 

I’m not sure what I last posted but noticed a couple of check ins!! Thankyou!!! 

It did turn out to be a bit of an up and down week. 

Wednessay went to the gp and he ever so gently and caringly patched my wounds. He was so respectful. I was in such a shaky state and had really struggled to even show him the wounds. 

He just gave me time. We had to move into the treatment room at one stage. He understands that this can be difficult for me. He just waited as I froze in the hallway. He kindly directed me in and just reminded me to slow my breath. Then with his beautiful bedside manner asked me, will it be ok if I close the curtain. I nodded. 

I almost cried whej when he washed the wounds so carefully. Not because of the pain. Thought that was there. But because he gave me such care and compassion. When all I felt was guilt. 

His geunine care for me without judgment was the exact antidote to all the shame and self blame I was trapped in. I just cried. 

He put his hands on my shoulder and said “mudsum (name) I know you’re hurting, and I’m glad you showed me) 

i melted. 

Its taken me so long to find a gp I trust but it maeks so much difference.

After that it’s been up wards and on wards. The ptsd will still be there. Triggers lerk in every corner but hate pretty decent week after woods . 

Also I took one of my little puffer fish (child) our tonight it was really speacial. 

Thabks to those that checked in 

@Zoe7  Hey Zoe7 I think it is your first day back so I am wishing you luck and a good term ahead. Hope you are doing well. Love you heaps. Your lil peaxxx:)

Lots of feels reading your post @mudsum. So glad for your that your GP was helpful and kind. Love that you took your little fish out and had a special night with them.

It was really good to hear from you. Thank you for letting us know how you are going ❤

Sending gentle hugs your way @mudsum ....  and it sounds like you’ve got an awesome gp there !!

💐💕

Hi @mudsum @Jezabell89 How are you both travelling this afternoon?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance