Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Denv12
Senior Contributor

Options To Buy A New Computer.

I have been without a computer since 21st of December.I use my android phone since.Its time to buy a computer.I have continued saving up money.Now what do I do? I was using  a windows 7 so thats out of date.I guess starting with a windows 10 computer.I figured a 1TB harddrive will do.My old computer was just for internet mainly.And documents.I write a lot.Should I buy online or locally? I am open to suggestions.I think if I just buy a desktop case ready to plug in,that might save me money.

Thank you.

Regards @Denv12.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Options To Buy A New Computer.

Hey @Denv12,

A place that I like to buy computer stuff from is MSY - they have stores in a few different states. They have a few different prebuilt desktops and also let you choose upgraded components. Here's a link to their office computer systems: https://www.msy.com.au/manufactured-pc

When I bought the parts for my desktop I got them from a few different stores and assembled it. Assuming you don't want a hassle I wouldn't recommend getting parts from different stores if you're in a hurry after my experience where I tried to save a bit of money that way, but ended up having to pay for a different graphics card when the store I was getting that from was out of stock. (because I had paid online, they were only offering store credit or buy a different graphics card - I probably could have fought harder over that but I just needed a pc so sucked it up) 

Depending on where you are you might have different stores you prefer. If you anticipate needing tech support sometimes it's good to go to a local one where they might be able to help, but otherwise I've found it can be just as good ordering stuff online. 

Re: Options To Buy A New Computer.

Thanks for the reply @TheVortican.

I like MSY.Never bought a whole pc from there.I will see what they have.There are a lot of online shops for computers.

I am not savy enough to build a pc.I did ring dell last week but the salesperson couldnt speak loud enough to hear them.Thanks for your help.

Regards @Denv12.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance