Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Far and Away

I did think it is a tough week for you @Faith-and-Hope but you are keeping yourself distracted as much as you can and Nelly is certainly keeping you busy. Keep your head high as you navigate everything Hon. Always sitting right next to you sweetheart - there will be an end to this and you are doing the best you can to get through. Hugs and hugs and hugs 💖💖💖💖💖

@Sans911 @Former-Member @Snowie 💛🧡💚💙💜

Wishing you a good last day of term @Zoe7 .....

Morning to anyone else around too .... 👋💕

@Faith-and-Hope @Zoe7 

Hoping both your days go ok 💜💛

Thanks @Snowie ..... you too Hon.  Do you have plans for today, or is it a home-day veg-out ?

I am heading to the kitchen for a morning coffee ..... 💕

Not many plans for today @Faith-and-Hope Just some cleaning and washing.

Enjoy your first coffee of the day 😉

Thanks @Snowie  ... you too ❣️

I have brought it back to bed with me because it's cold here, but I will get up again shortly for breakfast with D2 and then get back into my jigsaw puzzle to keep from overthinking tricky things that are going on at the moment.

Taking it back to bed sounds good to me @Faith-and-Hope 

Just about to have my 2nd . Enjoying the quiet time before the kids wake up!

Hope Nelly lets you do the jigsaw puzzle in peace 😉

Hahaha ..... unlikely @Snowie, re Nelly and the jigsaw puzzle.  She started sitting in the middle of it yesterday, and batted some more pieces onto the floor for good measure before going to bed last night.

Enjoy your second coffee.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Good morning @Faith-and-Hope @Zoe7 @Sans911 @Snowie 

Slow moving here. Trying to learn not to panic about getting everything done and trying to make everything perfect. Things are never perfect and never will be perfect. 
Hoping for a peaceful day for everyone. 
💖🥰

DCB7A170-6D90-40DA-9648-23BC6B038877.jpeg

9C0E493B-68F1-4A82-9D43-E84E68E07199.jpeg

Way to go @Former-Member ..... that can be a real challenge if there are elements of your nature or upbringing that foster perfectionism.  

This has been a culture in my in-law family and has affected our children.  I have learned something that might help you too.

Perfectionism is driven by a fear of not getting things to a standard, not getting them "right", or not being enough .....

A pursuit of excellence is something different.  Instead of fear it is driven by joy .... joy in what you are doing (the process) in what you create or achieve, and the sense that its okay if it doesn't get finished, or turns out differently from what you expected because you allowed the process to be flexible and to take whatever time it needed.  Learning to be okay with that is a really worthwhile achievement.

I hope that helps you as much as it has helped me and my kids.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance