Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Exo's Exposé

@Exoplanet  Hey Exoplanet so happy that you are doing so well with recovery. Just dont push it too hard will you. Take it easy and enjoy being a bit spoiled by sister and daughter. Take good care of yourself. Love peaxxx

Hi @Exoplanet  you've been on my mind so much.  I didn't get notified of your tag and have been having trouble getting on to this thread for some reason.  Really hoping you are continuing to recover well.  I spent 10 days with my adult child starting at 3 weeks post-op.  They were still not allowed to do any lifting or reaching movements.  I had to re-arrange things in their kitchen so that they could get to everything without reaching.  And of course do all the baby-lifting, nappies etc.  All a pleasure to be able to help, and for once in their life they actually wanted and appreciated help.  (All their life it's been 'don't help me' even tho' they are legally blind).  It made for a totally different and beautiful shift in our relationship.  The day I left was the first day they were at home alone with the children and so far all is going really well (now 6 days on).   The main thing I noticed was how much happier they are already.  I imagine it must be something of a relief for you too. 

Wondering if you are back at home by now and how you are coping.  Sending lots of love.  I am astounded by the skill of the surgeons and how quickly the scars are fading.  Wishing the same for you.

Looking forward to catching up with you xx

dear @Exoplanet 

I am thinking of you and everything that you are experiencing is beyond my experience...

at the same time I have struggled and want you to know that no matter what the struggle is about..

it is a struggle..

I and a whole team of people are behind you with your struggle..

so if you need to let loose...go for it..

if you need to be silent...go for it..

if you want to talk...go for it..

if you just need to be...go for it..

we are all here waiting..

we are suppoting you @Exoplanet  

why?

I know that you are a warrior and a survivor

relating to whatever your current situation is

we are here ......

💜💓💗💞💕💜

hopeing your recovery is going ok @Exoplanet thinking of you 🧡💛🧡💛

I'm back home! 😄 🙂 My Sister has just left, she has been amazing & I think it's because I had such good after care that I'm feeling so well recovered so quickly. I came back Friday, I went to the chemo Doctors appointment & listened - it didn't change my mind & the Doctor wasn't pushy. I may start some hormone tablets, that if they're successful, I'd have to take for 10 years! {for the rest of my life basically}
I accept the prognosis that I have a greater percentage chance of cancer developing
somewhere else in my body. The Doctor recommended the most treatment that they
could give, 6-12 months of chemo followed by radiation treatment, plus the hormone
tablets.
It's soooooo good to have my puppies back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They have both been so well behaved. The kennel handler had to grip the staffy with both hands & he still nearly made it to me. There was a bit of a kerfuffle getting him 'hooked up" but once in he was pretty good; the little fella got 'clipped on' to a seat belt in the back & they both just seemed to settle in for the ride home. The staffy hasn't been jumping up on me or being over excited & they're both happy & healthy 🙂 We have all just slipped back into routine 🙂
My Sister re-did my kitchen cupboards {which I wasn't expecting & found a little off-putting to be honest, but I know it was the sweetest & very practical 😄 ❤️ } We also did a cerimonial 'burning of the bra's' in the backyard firepit 🙂 She made an amazing curried fish for dinner last night in my camp oven pot; & I've got enough dried & tinned food to probably last a month! 😉
It was a big day coming home though, we took my Sister & Brother-in-laws Land Rover as we were picking up the dogs. The 'Lanny' gets referred to as an 'Old Girl' & it's a bit like riding in a truck 😉 & it was a long trip, a couple of hours from one side of a city, pulling into it for a Doctors appointment & getting fluids drained, then another truck ride to the kennels to pick up the puppies & another hour or so to arrive & do the general set up things. I've certainly slept soundly & through to 7-7.30 am.
It's a different kind of quiet here at home. There's only the occasional sound of a vehical on the distant highway. I think that's why I notice the birds songs more 🙂 It feels more peaceful here, because this is my castle, my kingdom, my rule! 😄 & I have my faithful royal entourage back by my side again!! 😄 {though the staffy's outside enjoying his freedom 😉 I have my life back, 2 weeks after surgery! It's mind boggling! 🙂
Though I can't drive yet & my Sister had already left a message with a community nurse, asking her to visit me; & I've just had a call from the nurse & it doesn't work that way {I have to admit I didn't think they did 'house visits' where I live} But as I said to the nurse, I'll find out when someone is visiting next & I'll make an appointment with my Doctor for then, as I'll be able to get a lift. It doesn't hurt, I can't even feel the water under my arms when I have a shower. I think more feeling will return over time . . . but I'm not complaining about it either 😉
Overall I'm just feeling soooooooo good to be home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😄

Love & friendship to all that need or want it Heart

@Mazarita , @outlander , @Sophia1 , @eth , @greenpea , @Zoe7 , @Teej , @Shaz51 , @Faith-and-Hope 

Wonderful news @Exoplanet    I'm so happy for you.  You are awesome!

ohhhhhhhhhhh my @Exoplanet , wonderful news my darling

and i bet your puppies were soo happy too HeartHeart

Great that you are home and have your fur babies back with you @Exoplanet Snuggle in with your babies, enjoy the birds and settle back into home. Hugs and hugs Heart

@Exoplanet 

Heart

Welcome HOME.

Love your burn the bra ritual.

Smiley Happy

You have been on a huge journey.

Smiley Happy

4E61470B-8ED9-423B-8A51-2E86A63F1134.jpeg

💜 @Exoplanet 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance