Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Craft Corner

Looks great @Judi9877 what are you going to make with that?
I know a few easy stitches if you get bored of granny squares too

@Emelia8 love your watercolour painting and your diamond art pic too

@Maggie i think your dot canvases and stones would be pretty popular if you were to sell them. Do you think youd ever advertise some for sale or have a stall at a market?

Hi @Former-Member . I'm making a granny square blanket and plan to use similar colours to what's in the yarn as I can no longer get it anymore- old wool from Spotlight. I'm debating on keeping it for myself or giving it away to charity. I don't really know just yet. Thanks for the great question!

Judi9877

Hi @outlander . I'm not as adventurous with crochet as I am with knitting. I just like doing granny square blankets as it's easy to pick up when I want to as long as I remember the right crochet hook size! They're simple yet easy to do for me and it gives me something easy to focus on when I want to shut out the world.
Knitting beanies is also my other distraction craft activity as I know the pattern off by heart and I can just knit them and get as creative with coloured yarn as long as I have a pair of 4.5mm knitting needles and a counter. 
Thanks for the comments and support!

Judi9877

Former-Member
Not applicable

6C57B8BE-3FFC-4B32-83F8-890DF4DAB540.jpeg

Former-Member
Not applicable

I made this for my mother in the UK she has a cheeky sense of humour even at 84. I found a shell that looks like a pair of boobs( top right hand side) to cheer her up.

Hi @Former-Member @outlander @Former-Member @Daisydreamer @Maggie @BlueBay @Emelia8 and all crafty critters. How are things going I your crafty worlds?
I love your shell letter @Former-Member . It's gorgeous! I used to love collecting shells when I visited the beach on day trips down there with my family in Melbourne. There was something special about trying to find the 'perfect' shell on my visits to the beach that made the visits exciting. Sort of like a beach style treasure hunt!

I'm in the process of knitting a Wellness Blanket for myself as a reminder to take care of my mental health after having a bad MH episode requiring the services of the uni counselling service on Friday. Definition- do something that makes me happy every single day , no matter what. I've written more about the blanket in the Knitting thread if you'd like to look at it. Basically, it's a patchwork blanket of 20 squares and a border using 4 different patterns. I'd like to make it bigger than the recommended 65 x 80cm but I'm starting small and just aiming for 20 squares which I started on Friday night. I've done 5 already which is an achievement for me.

Anyway, have fun and keep crafting! 

Judi9877😎🧶

The shell letter is stunning @Former-Member Heart

Did you collect all the shells yourself?

Hi @Judi9877 and fellow crafters 🙂

Last weekend I moved houses, and for a bit of fun turned one of the big boxes into a cubby house for my three year old. Very sweet to see him enjoy adding to and creating his cubby as he went. We ended up with a house that had windows and doors, and he decorated it with dinosaur drawings (dinosaurs are very big in our house at the moment!).

I also found a whole heap of canvas frames that I am going to add wire to, paint and turn into a frame we can hang polaroids and notes on for our front door 🙂 

Would love to hear any thoughts around creating some artworks I can use on my walls at home! I have a bunch of shells I have collected over the years @Former-Member - you have me inspired 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance