Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

JP81
Contributor

C-PTSD

Hi 

is there anyone here that has c-ptsd or ptsd. 
it would be nice to chat to people with the same / similar disorder. 
Hope everyone is well. 
J

59 REPLIES 59

Re: C-PTSD

I have PTSD @JP81, might even be C-PTSD, but perhaps others will be able to offer you a better response. It's hell, isn't it? I hope you're doing alright despite it. I send you best wishes. You're in good company here.

Hello@historylover

Thank you for your response. 
c-ptsd & ptsd… same same really. 

ive been here before. But … of course i isolate and dont want to share my issues with others.
am in down patch and thought i gotta try it again..

i hope you are well too 🤗 

Emelia8
Senior Contributor

Welcome back then @JP81  😄Glad you have decided to give the forums another go.  Though its likely your return is due to an  increased need.  I really hope you find what you are looking for this time round. I too am a diagnosed c-ptsd sufferer,  and yeah its pretty hard to deal with at times. 

Emelia

So sorry to hear you're in a down patch at the moment @JP81. Perhaps, like me, it's always bubbling away just under the surface. I'm also isolated. It has become a way of life for me. It's the only place I feel safe. I just try to make the most of my situation. I guess you do the same.

Do you have interests? Things that keep your mind occupied as best you can? I'm in Melbourne and it's really cold this past week or so, and still so much more to come.

Spaghetti Bolognese tonight. Forcing myself to cook and eat something substantial. 

Am sorry to hear you have it too.
Im glad that you have responded so thank you.
It makes me feel less alone 🙂 i hope you are well xx

You read my mind..
my home is my safe place. Outside of it- not safe.
I do have some interests. Just nothing is interesting atm.
I had spagboll for dinner also 🙂
Is melbourne colder than sydney? Its been freezing here.
Eating can be such a chore right.
Thank you making me feel not so alone. And its sad yet nice to know that someone is as isolated as myself and home is safe.

Do you have a good support system around ?
Bow
Senior Contributor

Hi @JP81 

c-ptsd here also and I had spaghetti bol for dinner too. 
It’s a hard life living with this…

Hehe
Spag boll must be a staple for c-ptsd/ptsd peeps
Thank you for your message 🙏🏻

@JP81 @Bow, that's really funny that spag bol is the default meal for PTSD/C-PTSDers today! As for me, @JP81, I just checked my weather app and it said that you currently have 11° and we have 10° here in Melbourne. I just can't get warm. 

You're welcome for the message. I know when I am feeling really low and need to reach out here, it feels so good when I get such warm replies. It makes so much difference. Makes us realize that good people still exist.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance